Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are my cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxHound View Post
    Sorry man didnt even notice it, i will def bring one down with me
    It is hard to notice. I've just been playing with it a lot. New (to me) gear. I am all excited about trying it out in the pool on Saturday.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Barracuda
    Images
    You can't have the H out on both the shoulders and waist so you have it threaded correctly. The rubber inner tube pieces go between you up shoulder d-rings and were the webbing goes thought the plate. I normally have two pieces on each side and what they are for is you attach you bolt snap for your backup light to the d-ring and the inner tube pieces go around the body of the light to hold against the harness. When you remove the light you pull it out the inner tube then turn the light on before unclipping it from the d-ring. That way if you drop the light it is on and easier to find.

Just a note. The plate should be high enough on your back that you reach back and touch the top of the plate with the tip of you fingers.
    - Dennis ><()))">

Grouper
    Just to add to what CW is saying, a good starting point is to be able to fit a fist under each shoulder strap and keep everything snug with the crotch strap, adjust the d rings so that you can easily reach them, a good starting point is right in the ball of the shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    You can't have the H out on both the shoulders and waist so you have it threaded correctly. The rubber inner tube pieces go between you up shoulder d-rings and were the webbing goes thought the plate. I normally have two pieces on each side and what they are for is you attach you bolt snap for your backup light to the d-ring and the inner tube pieces go around the body of the light to hold against the harness. When you remove the light you pull it out the inner tube then turn the light on before unclipping it from the d-ring. That way if you drop the light it is on and easier to find.

Just a note. The plate should be high enough on your back that you reach back and touch the top of the plate with the tip of you fingers.
    Just to add to what CW is saying, a good starting point is to be able to fit a fist under each shoulder strap and keep everything snug with the crotch strap, adjust the d rings so that you can easily reach them, a good starting point is right in the ball of the shoulder
    Not sure if I fully understand. I have 5 rubber inner tube pieces. Do they go above or below the shoulder D-ring? Should I put some on the waist belt as well? I can see them being used to secure items attached to the waist D-rings as well.

The kit came with 6 small belt sliders:

I used 4 on the D-rings, I used 2 to secure the webbing at the bottom of the backplate; I threaded the webbing from the front to the back at the bottom, put a belt slide on it, pull the webbing through the other hole to bring it from the back to the front. Now if I pull on the shoulder straps or waist belt, they don't affect each other.

Now I'm left with the crotch strap but no more belt sliders. I had a hand full of the things laying around. The strap was a piece of 2 inch webbing, a loop on one end. At the base of the loop was an steel ring, stitched in plate and held by a belt slider. Was I supposed to use that belt slider some how to attach the strap to the backplate?

So close.

Grouper
    here is a link to setting up a BP with pics.

DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate

so 2 sliders on the back of the plate, 1 on each side to keep the webbing from changing your shoulder strap size. One slider per side holding in a D ring on you shoulder. one on your waist band on the left side holding in a d ring. One on the front of the crotch strap holding a D ring and making the loop that goes around the waist strap, and one at the back holding a d ring and making the loop attaching it to the plate. So in total you would have 5 D rings, and 7 sliders.

ETA: the inner tube pieces.....i would have one or 2 underneath the shoulder drings and one on the waist belt.

Barracuda Founding Member
    The "cookies" are in the better dining.
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

here is a link to setting up a BP with pics.

DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate

so 2 sliders on the back of the plate, 1 on each side to keep the webbing from changing your shoulder strap size. One slider per side holding in a D ring on you shoulder. one on your waist band on the left side holding in a d ring. One on the front of the crotch strap holding a D ring and making the loop that goes around the waist strap, and one at the back holding a d ring and making the loop attaching it to the plate. So in total you would have 5 D rings, and 7 sliders.

ETA: the inner tube pieces.....i would have one or 2 underneath the shoulder drings and one on the waist belt.
    Actually, I had a look at the link you provided. They have 4 D-rings. One on each shoulder, one on the left side waist and one on the crotch strap. This also means the kit should come with only 6 sliders. There is no right side D-ring according to the pictures. Your canister light is supposed to go there. Since I don't have a canister light or scooter, I'm going to leave the D-ring on the right waist.

I guess the rubber inner tube pieces would be 2 on the left shoulder, 2 on the right shoulder and 1 on the left waist. I think I'll go with 1 on the left waist, 1 on the right waist, 1 on the left shoulder and 2 on the right shoulder. The left shoulder will already have the inflator hose. So I'll probably clip more on the right side.

I think I'm set. Now I just have to get in the pool and do some fine tuning. Hopefully the shop owner will be around and he can help me out. If not there is one instructor who dives a Halcyon rig and can help me trim out.

Grouper
    Images
    Congrats on the new rig! Don't hold your breath on the cookies. I've been waiting on mine since 2009...

http://forum.scubatoys.com/bcs-buoya...cookies-24739/

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    Actually, I had a look at the link you provided. They have 4 D-rings. One on each shoulder, one on the left side waist and one on the crotch strap. This also means the kit should come with only 6 sliders. There is no right side D-ring according to the pictures. Your canister light is supposed to go there. Since I don't have a canister light or scooter, I'm going to leave the D-ring on the right waist.

I guess the rubber inner tube pieces would be 2 on the left shoulder, 2 on the right shoulder and 1 on the left waist. I think I'll go with 1 on the left waist, 1 on the right waist, 1 on the left shoulder and 2 on the right shoulder. The left shoulder will already have the inflator hose. So I'll probably clip more on the right side.

I think I'm set. Now I just have to get in the pool and do some fine tuning. Hopefully the shop owner will be around and he can help me out. If not there is one instructor who dives a Halcyon rig and can help me trim out.

If you look closely at the pics there are 2 D rings on the crotch strap, one at the front and back. the back one is awesome for reels and such

Barracuda
    Images
    If you look closely at the pics there are 2 D rings on the crotch strap, one at the front and back. the back one is awesome for reels and such
    I agree, but for my cavern coarse I had to remove my front d-ring and haven't put back on nor have I missed it. The back d-ring I use for reels and SMB like Foxhound said...
    - Dennis ><()))">

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information