Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where are my cookies?

Grouper
    Dude, I was gonna hook ya up with new straps, it was my fault you got it broken

Shouldnt have to adjust the harness too much for the change in wetsuits.

Def take things apart, no need to keep it all together, nice to keep it separate, dry, and clean

Barracuda Founding Member
    I have been diving my bp/w and I just rinse and dry in place rarely removing the wing.
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by FoxHound View Post
    Dude, I was gonna hook ya up with new straps, it was my fault you got it broken
    Do you kiss your mother with that mouth!

Really, it is fine. Even if neither buckle was broken I would have bought a spare set as backup. I'm that guy, you know, the one who has extra: fins straps, tank straps, defog, mouth piece, mask, fins, tarp, reels, air, et cetera. I just popped out for lunch and bought a dozen lock washers for my STA.

Shouldnt have to adjust the harness too much for the change in wetsuits.

Def take things apart, no need to keep it all together, nice to keep it separate, dry, and clean
    Only real worry is water sitting between wing and plate might cause rust spots.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Quote Originally Posted by cgvmer View Post
    I have been diving my bp/w and I just rinse and dry in place rarely removing the wing.
    I'm just worried with the STA holding the wing tight against the plate that it won't dry out in there and the plate will get some surface rust.

Megalodon
    Images
    [QUOTE=scubadiver888;465904]Really, it is fine. Even if neither buckle was broken I would have bought a spare set as backup. I'm that guy, you know, the one who has extra: fins straps, tank straps, defog, mouth piece, mask, fins, tarp, reels, air, et cetera. I just popped out for lunch and bought a dozen lock washers for my STA.

We lived in Toronto back in the mid-60's, is it possible we're long lost brothers??? I do the same thing as far as spares - I even carry spare spg spools and have given some away on site. Good idea to get a few extra stainless washers and wing nuts-buddy lost a wing nut once as we were getting ready and spares definitely saved the dive.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    We lived in Toronto back in the mid-60's, is it possible we're long lost brothers??? I do the same thing as far as spares - I even carry spare spg spools and have given some away on site. Good idea to get a few extra stainless washers and wing nuts-buddy lost a wing nut once as we were getting ready and spares definitely saved the dive.
    Hmm, could be. I found out a few years ago that I had a brother from the 50s that I never knew about.

I still have to get a few spare wing nuts. It was easy to see which lock washers were the correct washers (just put them together and compare). Couldn't do that with wing nuts. Going to take the wing nuts to hardware store, find a bolt it fits then find other wing nuts which fits that bolt.

I just gave away my last SPG spool on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Best to replace but if you HAVE to repair it the best use would be PVC glue. It will melt the plastic and fuse it back together. If you go this route test on something unimportant first and make sure you do it in a VERY well vented area.

Again best to replace the damaged parts rather than repair.
    Tried the PVC glue. It melted the plastic but for some reason it didn't stick. Don't think PVC glue works on all plastic buckles. I did notice there were four different types of glue to pick from. PVC, ABS, CPVC and all purpose. Since I didn't know what kind of plastic it is I went with all purpose.

Ended up using some steel wire. I was able to wrap it perpendicular to the crack and it is holding it great. Regardless, bought two new straps. Keeping one of the straps as a backup and the other strap as an OMG, I'm desperate backup.

I was going to sell my BCD then I realized I need my BCD in order to demonstrate skills (putting on a BCD on the surface and putting on a BP/W is totally different). In a pinch I can always take the straps from my BCD and use them on my STA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information