Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shark shield

Barracuda
    Images
    to be clear - it wasn't his first encounter with a shark. just the closest. that said, i can't say that it works or not.
    i'm not as think as you drunk i am ...

Seems like a scam tech to me. Sharks detect electrical pulses so they must be adverse to getting shocked by a small one... IMO if a shark decides to take a bite to see what it is like it probably will do so regardless of this thing in the water. That said the chances of getting bit by a shark while diving are extremely remote. If I was really worried about sharks, I would stop diving or wear armor which has proven to be effective at least on the smaller stuff.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Seems like a scam tech to me. Sharks detect electrical pulses so they must be adverse to getting shocked by a small one... IMO if a shark decides to take a bite to see what it is like it probably will do so regardless of this thing in the water. That said the chances of getting bit by a shark while diving are extremely remote. If I was really worried about sharks, I would stop diving or wear armor which has proven to be effective at least on the smaller stuff.
    Ding,ding,ding. There in is the discussion. (or perhaps they will be attracted to the electric charge).
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigg_Budd View Post
    to be clear - it wasn't his first encounter with a shark. just the closest. that said, i can't say that it works or not.
    Most Jupiter hunters send their catches up with a DSMB for the boat to retrieve.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Shark
    Is anyone here in contact with someone at the Mote Marine Institute? They are into sharks and skates, so they should know.

Wasn't there a thread awhile ago about using magnets to deter sharks?
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    Wasn't there a thread awhile ago about using magnets to deter sharks?
    People will buy anything magnetic apparently including bracelets that improve balance. Ohhh its a magnetic field... it must be magical. Course people used to think the same crap about radioactive fields:

A fool and his money...

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    People will buy anything magnetic apparently including bracelets that improve balance. Ohhh its a magnetic field... it must be magical. Course people used to think the same crap about radioactive fields:

A fool and his money...
    Soon glow in the dark????

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Shark
    I can understand using a Shark Shield on the Great Barrier Reef, or off South Africa (never been there).
    And maybe in the Pacific.

But, it's quite a treat to actually see a shark these days. If you're lucky, you might see one flitting away.

I've only seen a shark act "aggressive" twice. It was a reef shark and a sand bar shark, and they didn't really want to bite, they were just protecting their territory. (Weak sharks are like that guy in the club whose dumb girlfriend wanted to come, but he didn't really want to, and now she's freak-dancing with all of these strange other guys, so now he has to posture).

Blue sharks are kind-of scary because they travel in schools and are fairly stupid, compared to other species.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Barracuda
    Ive seen a diver wearing it, and it was dragging all over the reef, kinda pissed me off! Plus I love seeing sharks.
    When you turn your air on does it return the favor?!
    "I'd rather die while im living, than live while I'm dead!" -Jimmy Buffett

Grouper
    Have used one for long deco's, strap them up to your leg during dive then turn them on when your in mid water. Haven't seen a shark when we've had one, but have heard "stories" of them literally stopping Great Whites in their tracks about 2 metres from the unit. They don't seem to work on Grey Nurse sharks (Similiar to your Sand shark) but then they're just big puppy dogs of the sea.
    Any dive you survive is a good dive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information