Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which dive shops are not cattle boat..?

Guppy
    well deep exposure was booked the days i wanted.. the search continues... calling blue angel and scuba club..

Grouper
    Images
    Just wanted to throw in one more option that I didn't see listed. Our op of choice in Coz is Blue Xt~Sea. Small boats, top notch people, great service. Have fun.

http://www.bluextseadiving.com/

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by buton View Post
    wow... so it appears that everyone enjoyed cozumel with either operators so i think i will be fine with who ever i choose.
    Pretty much, the list of who you should NOT dive with in CZM is much much smaller!!
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

Grouper
    Images
    quick question. I'm thinking about booking with Hotel Cozumel because Orbitz is offering a nice deal. What operator do they use and since so many of you stay their what do you think of them?

Grouper
    Images
    Gonnagettanked

The onsite dive shop is Dive Paradise. I used them a little over a year ago (and thinking about using them again in May). They do 3 dives a day and night dives. They have fast boats (6 divers max) and larger slower boats (16 divers max). Had a good time while there.
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Barracuda
    Images
    Have used them 2 times and had no problems. We stayed at other locations and were looking at Hotel Cozumel for the next time as we may be bringing non diving spouse's. Dive paradise offers package deals that include 15 dives at selct hotels. This is one of them. We have been on the large boats ( perfer) and the smaller fast boats. Got great service on both just no room or shade on the fast boats.
    Most of all have a good time and give a report on the hotel you use.

Shark
    Buton,

Del Mar Aquatics is a reliable operator, and not a "cattleboat" operation.

You can also get a good deal with them, if you stay with Casa Del Mar.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Grouper
    Images
    Thanks Okc_ Diver and Mcr0112 for the info

I was seriously thinking about diving with Alison as she has dates open when we'll be there and was wondering if she can pick us up at Hotel Coz's pier. Does anyone know if they allow other ops to do this?
    And for the Alison fans will she come to Hotel Coz?

Guppy
    We did check out dive with Allison prior to our trip Sept/11- she didn't pick up at the Coz Palace and that was the only reason we didn't go with her. I was not schleping my gear to town or catching a cab in the heat of Sept..this is the only time my princess mode appears diving. X-Tang didn't pick up there either.
    We dove with Martin, had a great group and a great week with them. They were always on time for pickup. Hope this helps narrow it down. Have a great week.
    Do or DIVE!

Grouper
    Images
    If you don't mind the small boat check Dive with Martins website before you decide. They have the best prices in town. No frills diving but you will be back in your hotel by noon after a two tank dive. You can either book a third afternoon dive; even a night dive for a total of four dives a day if you want to go that route or just hangout the rest of the day at the beach.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information