Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Cobalt issue

Images
    I hate mailing my Cobalt even with FedEX. I have watched too many you tubes of bad delivery guys. I am wrapping it in one foot thick bubble wrap and then some peanuts. Do you think that will be enough?
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I called Atomic Aquatics in order to return my Cobalt for this inspection. At first they said call your local LDS and have them do it. I told them my local LDS said to call them. They said fine just send it to them and they would take care of it. They were going to email me an RMA for the service. I said who is going to pay for the shipping and that is when they said they would. I don't think they would have paid for the shipping unless I had asked them to. They emailed me a "tag" to put on the box for shipping. I asked them if that included insurance they said it does.
    Atomic set this up so local dealers could check the Cobalts- it takes seconds to check, really- and since almost no Cobalts actually have a problem that would require they be returned for service (3 as of my last report, there may be a few more now), that minimizes the disruption for everyone. That is how the large majority are being checked. It's too bad your local shop isn't doing this, but of course not everyone is near an Atomic dealer, and Atomic told me they would handle such cases on an individual basis. It sounds like they are.

I wouldn't worry about shipping- Cobalts are pretty tough. We do it all the time and haven't lost one yet. A bit of bubble wrap should do it just fine.

Ron

Images
    Maybe Atomics will send it back with a nice neoprene case....lol
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    I sent my Cobalt to Atomics over a week ago via FedEx. Atomics provided me with a "call tag" (FedEx) to send it in. According to FedEx, Atomics has received the computer. I have received neither an email nor a phone call to indicate whether Atomics has gotten it or not. I called them this morning and they have no record of it yet and they are checking on it.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    I got a call from Atomics. They have located my computer and FedEx has it. It should arrive at my location this afternoon.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Megalodon
    Images
    Good to go ZE!

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Images
    I got it this evening. Looks like they replaced the top part of the case. They did not say whether it was repaired or not. The whole deal took about 2 weeks. Jennifer over at Atomics in Cali was very nice and tried to help me out.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Good to hear. I've performed several of these recall inspections and the front of the case is replaced as part of it whether the computer needs to get sent back or not. Atomic sent us a box of fronts to do so and the average inspection takes about 3 minutes including putting on the new front.

Images
    My Zag shield is still in place. Looks brand new. Now I have to try it out to make sure it works.

It sure would have been nice if it came back with a nice atomics neoprene sleeve around it. Someone mentioned that Best Buy has a Lowe Case no. 5 that fits it perfectly. I picked one up and it works great.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    Finally got my Cobalt case in the mail today. It's form fitting and made out of some kind of rigid plastic covered with cloth. It's not too bad. It has the Atomic Logo on the front. It can be used on or off the tank.
    By that I mean you can leave the case on until after gearing up and getting ready to get in the water. There is a zipper on both sides that goes half way up on one side and all the way on the other. I think it will do a great job at it's primary mission of protecting the computer.

There is no place to keep the charger and the USB cord. Not sure how I am going to handle that. Probably keep it in my reg bag.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information