Thread: Bio fins marked MS??

Bio fins marked MS??

Hey everybody, just trying to get a question answered, after searching far and wide over the internets and coming up with nothing. I'd love some of these fins, but the price is mighty steep. There is a man selling his 2 hours away from me, although he listed the size as "MS". Does anyone know what that means? I asked him, and he had no idea. He was also selling a pair of booties in a men's size 5 to go with them. Any ideas? Possible an older model with different sizing conventions?
    Thanks for any info!

Possibly the man suffer from dyslexia and they actually say SM for small. Or it could be the colour of the fin. Apollo did have a version which were Metallic Silver (MS).
    This signature left intentionally blank

The fins are black, so it can't be metallic silver for MS. I e-mailed him about it and he said that he rechecked it and it does still say MS. I thought maybe he had typed it in wrong. I would hate to drive 2 hours there and back to find that they were not a small size. Although for a savings of $100-200 dollars (depending on where you buy them,) it might be worth it.
    Thanks for the feed back!

You could also ask someone from Apollo. There is a rep on the other board. You can find a link to him at View Profile: mdb or you can post a message to their forum and see if someone has an answer: Apollo Sports USA.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Pretty sure that about a mens size 5, women's 6 will be about right.

Way back they used that for a medium - small, and their xs were marked with a box around a S. So those are about meduim - small, and I'd say if you are wearing a mens size bootie from 4-6 or womens from 5-7 they should be about right. Although without the exact bootie, that can be a bit off, as hard soles take more space than soft.

The DH & I have the original Biofin Pros we bought back in '99 or 2000, and yes the smalls were labeled with an 'S' in a box. I wear a mens 6/womens 7 bootie, so I would think the MS marked fins would fit booties a size or two higher.

I will say, we've worn them on over 400 dives over 9 years, and 2-3 years of snorkeling trips before that, so the suckers are built to last, and well worth what we paid for them!

You guys are great! I realized that he only lives 30 minutes away, so it is much more reasonable for me to drive over and try them on than what I previously had thought. This is excellent information though, and makes me much more confident in finding a good fit. Thanks!

Thread Information