Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: back to Curacao

Grouper
    Images
    I am really interested to see how your Tamron works for you. After I bought it , I read some negative info on it.

Grouper
    Images
    clernix what's the negative on Tamron lens? i've taken some good shots with it above water but only had it out once underwater.

Grouper
    Images
    It’s getting pretty much low marks across the board compared to its counter-part from Tokina. There seems to be a chromatic aberration issue as well. I don’t think that will be a major factor underwater just because of the contrast in colors but if you overexpose in might come into play.

Right after I bought it a guy put up the Nikkor version of this lens up for half price so I really had buyers remorse. Live and learn.

Grouper
    Images
    I was shooting with it on a trip to the Smokies two weeks ago and I was pretty happy too. I didn't notice anything right off but I really haven't gone through my shots yet.

I figure its' fine for now. The price was pretty good too. Have you looked at the Tamron 90mm macro? That is a really good lens its getting great marks and its ervery bit as good as the Nikkor counter part.

What a coincidence, I put airline tickets on hold and made hotel reservations last night for Curacao. And it must be the same week; since you mentioned it I just went and checked and now I see that The Dive Bus will be in Bonaire that week... That's a bummer as I really wanted to dive with Mark again, he took me on my first dives after OW certification in 2009.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to confirm it, we are already going to Europe on vacation (no diving though) in March, so taking another week off in May seems a little, well... I booked it as a wedding anniversary surprise trip, but the trip to Europe was also that . The last time I went to Curacao in May the weather was great, and nothing was busy, so that may be a good time to do it again. The problem I had last time was a few shops didn't want to run some trips since I was solo and business was so slow that week that it didn't make sense to do trips to places like Mushroom Forest for one person. But since I now know at least one other diver will be on the island that week .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information