Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Divers M2

Guppy

US Divers M2

Has anyone replaced the battery in a M2 them self?
    I just got mine back from Undersea Scuba Center, the computer works however it beeps constantly. I called them and they said it will need another battery change to get readjusted....ugh another $80!!
    Can't I pick up a compatable battery, soder it In then submerge the battery well in...o let's say hot glue or some other substance?

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeamenti View Post
    Has anyone replaced the battery in a M2 them self?
    I just got mine back from Undersea Scuba Center, the computer works however it beeps constantly. I called them and they said it will need another battery change to get readjusted....ugh another $80!!
    Can't I pick up a compatable battery, soder it In then submerge the battery well in...o let's say hot glue or some other substance?
    Are you trained to repair dive computers--particularly older models--and able to ascertain whether you have reassembled the unit correctly? That all functions are operating within parameters?

Doing the math, if you have already invested $80.00 and are staring at another $80.00 now:

80+80= 160.00

Now, if we add in a bit more:

Oceanic Veo 100 Dive Computer Console discounts on sale Oceanic

..you have a new console for close to the same money. I personally would spring for the new.
    John Lewis--the PlatypusMan!

Megalodon
    Images
    I agree with PPM shipmate. Now is the time to invest in another computer. the VEO 100 is a good choice, inxpensive, rugged and has a user changable battery.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

I have often marveled about the fact that many people have no problem trashing an old PC, laptop, or even the previous model iPhone, but will cling like grim death to an obsolete dive computer.

Images
    I still have my US divers Monitor II computer. I can't bear to part with it. We have had a lot of good times together. It's on it's 5th battery and needs a new one now. It went dead this year. I use it in the pool or other "waters" that I don't want to put my Cobalt in.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    I agree with keyshunter, I have 3 other dive computers...i dont need this Monitor II at all...but it was my first so i would still like to use it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeamenti View Post
    I agree with keyshunter, I have 3 other dive computers...i dont need this Monitor II at all...but it was my first so i would still like to use it.
    Last time I checked it was over $80 to have the battery replaced.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    So update....went for a dive today... Buddy suggested i Put the M2 in a bc pocket. At the end of the dive it was working...all the data matched up with my Veo 100 and buddy's computer....guess the old girl missed the salt water....

TadPole
    Still a good idea to get your computer back to us to check out. We will not charge you again for another battery but the beeping probably used up some battery power and we want you to start out with a completely full battery as this is what you paid for the first time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Bruce

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Underseas View Post
    Still a good idea to get your computer back to us to check out. We will not charge you again for another battery but the beeping probably used up some battery power and we want you to start out with a completely full battery as this is what you paid for the first time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Bruce
    Sounds good Bruce, I will get it boxed up and sent out soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information