Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Best set up for new pony Bottle? This one is interesting.

Barracuda
    Images

How have your rigs changed in 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
    Holy crap! This thread is still alive? over 3 years and still going.

I have serious personal issues with the solo course. One of which is that many places are demanding a "solo card" to allow you to dive solo. What a joke. If you have have someone tell you that you can now dive solo, you still arent ready. If you aren't confident and experienced enough to understand, on an intuitive level, what you need to change to mitigate solo dangers, you might not even be ready to dive with a buddy.
    Still Alive...And So Am I! Dove yesterday with my belly slung 19 and FlatHead 5.
    I have a Bare Drysuit now and a DUI 400 undergarment, I am warm, but Carrying 42lbs of lead, plus pony, plus steel 95, it was a long walk back to the truck. Vis was great for here at better than 20ft, but oh how I long to be in Cozumel droppin off the side of a boat with an al80.

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Right with ya WaScubaDude! Since this thread started I have also moved into a drysuit, and have added double steel 100s into my arsenal. But I still have my same backplate, same wings.

And yes, dropping into Coz with a 3/2 suit and an AL80 is very comfortable dive. I actually just got back from Coz!
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Hi Waba,

wondering if you could send me a picture of your 19' bottle setup. Seen many different ways and want to figure out the most comfortable.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
    Right with ya WaScubaDude! Since this thread started I have also moved into a drysuit, and have added double steel 100s into my arsenal. But I still have my same backplate, same wings.

And yes, dropping into Coz with a 3/2 suit and an AL80 is very comfortable dive. I actually just got back from Coz!
    Where did you stay and who did you dive with.

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    We stayed at Casa del Mar and dove with thier house shop, Del Mar Aquatics. I was happy with the stay and the dives, but I want to try someplace else next time. We have heard REALLY great things about "We B Divin" We B Divin Cozumel . My LDS owner used them on his last trip and says that is who he is definately diving with on his next trip.

Casa del Mar is nice, but it's not a "western" hotel. It feels very much like staying someplace "local". the staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was good, the hotel and grounds are kept very clean. Only down side is that its a mile or so into town and cabs are expensive. We rented a scooter and had a blast with it.

Lastly, two restaurants to highly recommend... Casa Mission and La Choza.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information