Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best set up for new pony Bottle? This one is interesting.

Guppy
    Weird! Walked into this thread, read the last few posts, then had this urge to check the URL. Swore I was on SB.. Damn...

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I have a pony bottle and I used a button gage that screws directly into the 1st stage. I see you use standard gauge and short hose. Is there a reason to use one rather than the other?
    More flexible placement, and a larger, easier-to-read gauge with considerably more accuracy since the needle actually has room to indicate the pressure on a higher resolution scale, rather than just to the nearest 1000 psi, like most button gauges.

If you're happy with what you have, though, and have no problems reading it on the surface or at depth, there's nothing wrong with that method.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Coffee View Post
    Weird! Walked into this thread, read the last few posts, then had this urge to check the URL. Swore I was on SB.. Damn...
    My thoughts exactly - wisdom is knowing what battles to fight and when to just shut up and let it slide. but that is just me

acckkk ack ack ack ackkk (we come in peace)

Guppy
    Good thread...(for the most part)...As for me I mount on the main tank with a SS braket that I made and use a cam-lock from an old BC I have laying around. I leave the vaule on for the dive and check the presure often through the dive (like all me gear) as I have a long spg hose and "clip" the 2st and the spg in an upper d-ring on the lefthand side on my bcd.
    As in all things I can do things diffent another day, however be that as it may this is the way I do them now.
    I have read many poast on many therds on this web site and it is like most other forums, most folk's have good things to add and some are only here as they need to see theres veiws on a scren to feel that thy have a place in a bigger space then there world will aford them.
    P.S. if anyone wishs to flame me now for what I have added to this thread please feel free you can start with the way I spell then move on to the way I rig my pony tank

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by quasimoto View Post
    Well this one seems to have ended nicely. I thought it was going to turn ugly there for a minute. ( 9/2007)
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

....Beginning??...........OR......The end???
    Hey Largo,
    I had not read this old thread and it was quite amusing.
    Good pull on search Scubaman450; but if you want to get flamed you'll have better odds in the hot forum area; low odds here.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Hey Largo,
    I had not read this old thread and it was quite amusing.
    Good pull on search Scubaman450; but if you want to get flamed you'll have better odds in the hot forum area; low odds here.

Yeah thats it I'm just looking to get flamed....... I'm just to dumb to know how Maybe you can show me how it's done the right way

Megalodon
    Images
    Well, if you was a-lookin fer a flamin' yuh just ain't a looking in the right place. Besides, most of the folks here know that there are a good number of ways to do something the right way. You'rs just happened to be one of 'em.

but if you really, really, REALLY wanted to get flamed...

Why in the hades did you open a thread that is 13 months, 10 days old!????

But if your set up works for you, it's a good set up.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Guppy
    Well to tell the truth I didn't look to see how old it was just added my way of doing it....I mean I read the whole damm thread and I just felt I should or needed to or Or Or I don't know......

The only thing I don't like about my set-up is the spg adds just a bit much, however the way I see it is if I'm on my pony I really would like to know how the gas is being used was I'm coming up.

Megalodon
    Images
    You might try a button guage, it screws right into your reg and is very low profile. If you're using your pony as a bailout, you're not looking for exact, just where it is and it doesn't matter if it's 2500 or 2400, it's more important to know I've got 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 of the pony left. They are smaller than a regular spg, but I find I have no problem reading mine.

Oh, and just kidding about the flame thing.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information