Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Specific Equipment

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar

Women's Specific Equipment

What scuba gear would you like to see be more women's specific or friendly?
    Sparky the ninjita
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

http://beautybelow.com/

Grouper
    Well, wetsuits are wetsuits...but I would like something that goes on a little easier up around the hips. Women's wetsuits help a little bit, but I still have some issues. Other than that, not much. They're really making some stellar BCs for women now...

Yeah, I can't come up with much of anything. I'm a standard wetsuit size, but I could see more sizes would being nice (especially different heights), but that's really a women's clothing problem not scuba-specific.

Now if they sold gear along with someone to carry it for you, that I could get behind!

I would love some women specific hooded vests. I can't seem to find any that fit me good enough to buy. So I am going with just a hood for now.
    They have come along way in women's bc's and I love mine so can't complain there.

Grouper

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by quarkuud View Post
    Yeah, I can't come up with much of anything. I'm a standard wetsuit size, but I could see more sizes would being nice (especially different heights), but that's really a women's clothing problem not scuba-specific.

Now if they sold gear along with someone to carry it for you, that I could get behind!

Ha-Ha, I would so buy that....

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaJenn81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quarkuud View Post

Ha-Ha, I would so buy that....

One of my friends tells all of his buddies as soon as you get a girlfiend or wife your name changes to "Pepe The Packmule"
    Sparky the ninjita
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

http://beautybelow.com/

Better wetsuits & boots

I would love to see some better fitting wet suits. Mine fits me perfectly except in the upper back. When I stand up straight I have a gap in the upper back but when I slouch it fits fine. But, I guess that's more of a wet suit design in general. Still, if they accounted for our um, mammaries, in wet suits, we might get a better fit.

Boots too - I would love to see some boots that better fit a woman's foot than a man's foot - more tapered so it's skinnier in the heel and bigger in the ball of the foot. Mine sometimes really compress the ball of the foot and toes, but the bigger sizes just fall off.

But frankly I would just be happy if someone came up with a better way from keeping my hair from getting tangled in my snorkel.
    Co-author of Yoga for Scuba Divers

TadPole
    I have three requests:

1) A rock boot that fits narrow feet so I don't have to wear 8 pairs of socks.

2) A suitable bandana with rubber on the inside so it actually stays for more than a minute to keep the hair in check (Actually I may be on to something here...)

3) (And this one is the most important) Weight that wasn't heavy

Grouper
    I'd like gear sized to shorter people, which is not necessarily female specific.
    I'd love a hood that doesn't pull out half my hair when I take it off.
    I'd like a reel that is better sized to smaller hands.
    I'd really really love a dive watch that has actual features like a depth gauge, or even logging dives without looking like I strapped a clock to my arm.

TadPole
    I'd have to say a hooded vest that is easy to get off. They are OK (not great) going on, but coming off is almost impossible without help. I saw a Henderson with a side zipper. Haven't tried it on, maybe it will help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information