Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Miflex HP hoses recalled

Barracuda
    The difference I noticed was the fittings look to have a longer tube coming out of them and the outer braid color appears a little lighter...maybe like a carbon color. The time was quick. Great turnaround for a recall campaign. Kudos to XS, this must suck for them.
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Quote Originally Posted by Skred View Post
    Got my replacement HP hoses today.

Recall process was very easy and took about 2 weeks start to finish. The replacements are Miflex hoses that look much like the ones I sent in. The package says "Miflex High Pressure Carbon HD Hose". Enclosed receipt says "The HP Miflex hose you have returned has been replaced with a new HP hose under warranty. This hose has been approved as a replacement by Miflex Inc."

Don't remember the packaging on the original hoses mentioning carbon. Looks like they changed the recipe...
    I sent mine in weeks ago (before they even announced it in the US) and I just got mine today. Looks like they were accepting returns from Canadians early but sent out the replacements for US and Canada at the same time.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Barracuda
    Images
    I sent mine in last Wed, it got there Monday and I just received an e-mail that they shipped the new one today. Hopefully I will have it in my hot little hands early next week. Fast turn-around time, considering the number of hoses they probably have to deal with.
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Yaskowich View Post
    I sent mine in last Wed, it got there Monday and I just received an e-mail that they shipped the new one today. Hopefully I will have it in my hot little hands early next week. Fast turn-around time, considering the number of hoses they probably have to deal with.
    My replacement hose arrived yesterday. Total turn-around time of 15 days (I did send it to them Express Post ($$) so that may have saved a couple of days). The new hose seems a lot thicker than the old one. Still, nicely flexible and provides good peace of mind.
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Good to know! I'm shopping now, so it's helpful to hear about these things before buying!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information