Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miflex HP hoses recalled

Miflex HP hoses recalled

Health Canada has posted an announcement that Miflex HP hoses have been recalled. Since the recall is for hoses sold from the North American distributor, XSScuba, in California I would suspect this applies to Americans as well.

Check out Consumer Product Recalls - Consumer Product Safety for a phone number.

When I called the number it was clear the number was for general public or dive shops who purchased the hoses from XSScuba.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grouper
    I just wonder about the Miflex hoses all together any more. I have one low pressure hose and I believe I am going to get rid of it as I just hate wondering about it. I sure dont wont anything to fail underwater.
    Thanks for posting the link!!
    Lets see, to dive or not to dive? Well that is a stupid question, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, and then DIVE some more as long as it is safe!!!!!

The design of high pressure (HP) and low pressure (LP) hoses, in general, are very different. I had been hearing about issues with the Miflex HP hoses for a while now. Miflex continued to claim the hose was fine and people were just using them wrong. There have never been similar complaints, that I'm aware of, with the Miflex LP hoses.

I have read of one or two Miflex LP hoses failing but I have seen rubber LP hoses fail as well. I have Miflex LP hoses and I plan on continuing to use them. I also have Phantom HP and LP hoses. If I have to buy a new hose I will probably get a Phantom hose rather than a Miflex (LP or HP) but I'm not going to go out and get rid of the Miflex LP hoses unless I start hearing about problems with them as well.

888 - Thanks for bringing this to the board's attention. I was actually thinking about getting one myself. I'll need to ensure I don't acquire one from the defective lot.
    Chilly

Funeral Jorunna
    I saw this on SB and I've checked XS scuba to see if there is a recall in the US. Heard there was gonna be but still no info. I did notice that XS scuba no longer has the HP miflex hoses listed.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

I was told that XSScuba was no longer carrying the Miflex HP hoses. They are still carrying the LP hoses. I was also told that when I return my Miflex HP hoses I'll get a DuoKev HP hose back.

So I don't think it is a matter of not acquiring one from the defective lot. My understanding is that they are ALL defective.

Funeral Jorunna
    I talked with my LDS and they said the US recall will start next week once the replacement hoses are available. Hopefully I can get mine done before I leave for the Philippines on the 24th. I have one of the newer ones the MHP32-BK+. I've probably got over 100 dives on it but if it's gonna fail sooner then later would like to get it replaced. I see Scubatoys still has them on sale. Buyer beware.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Thanks for the update. I have three with one in current use.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by chinacat46 View Post
    I talked with my LDS and they said the US recall will start next week once the replacement hoses are available.
    It's reassuring that they're waiting until there is replacement stock available before issuing a recall...

Megalodon
    Images
    I called XS Scuba to get the skinny on this, they said that as of right now, the recall in Canada only. The US recall will probably occur in a week or so. This will cover all HP miflex hoses. 6-09 to 12-11

I agree with BSL: waiting until there is replacement stock available before issuing a recall...

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information