Thread: Dive Light

TadPole

Dive Light

Any recomendations for a quality can light at a resonable price?

Images
    There is a lot of good lights out there jetonez. First off, it would be helpful if we knew what your budget is. Also, do a search on this forum for dive lights. Then check out Scuba Toys to see what they have. When you narrow it down a little post here again and you will get some pros and cons on your choices. What do you plan on using it for? Looking under the nooks and crannies, photo work, or just checking your computer. The Dorcy light has been recommended many times on this forum. I have used the Pelican pen light. They last 5 or so years, under light use before they flood and less than $5 bucks. I tuck one or two away in my BC pocket. You can spend $5 to $500. In the $50 range Dorcy is a good name.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Images
    The terms "reasonably priced" and "can light" don't usually occur in the same sentence.

Check out the Dive Rite can lights like the Lux 4, good burn time but they have a narrow beam. You can change the head out later if you continue to need a can light.

If you are using a BC, not BP/W, check out the SCULA LED Light, I dove with a guy that had one, it seemed to worked well, kinda hybrid.

You could search the used market, probably still be in the $400.00+ range.

Good luck in your quest, buying a can light usually indicates you are serious about the tech route, remember, if you buy cheap, you'll buy twice.
    Rick

Images
    Sorry missed the phrase "can light" in my post.
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    Thanks for the recommendation. I purposely made it vague to help start mysearch. I am starting to get serious about tech. I just upgraded my BC to aHalcyon Infinitely BP/W (turns out it has a perfect little canister holder thatneeds filling). My buddy is a very experienced cave diver and though I am notready for that yet (and as Aquatrax said buy cheap and buy twice) I want to adda light to the wish list and start saving. Looking at the quality to price I will probably be saving for a while, but will most likely look at lights in the $600 range.

Grouper
    Images
    Check out Light Monkey, nice lights as well. Glad to hear you have an experienced mentor, enjoy the journey!
    Rick

Barracuda
    If you're getting into tech I'd recommend looking for a used light that you can sell in a year or two for close to what you paid. Reason being is it's difficult to know what you'll need til you start making those dives and figure out your preferences and see what types of lights the people you dive with are using (it's nice to have similar brightness among team members for signalling). Different beam patterns/brightness can be preferable for different types of tech dives.

Grouper
    def light monkey.....i've had a a couple of their lights now. Not only are their products tops, their customer service is second to NONE!

Highly recommended!

Check places like the decostop for some used can lights, that's also a pretty good way to go

Megalodon
    Images
    I've got a couple of Green Force Flex-II's with a HID and Halogen head. Still looking for a LED. The Halogen gets about 2 hours out of a fullcharge, the HID about 3. The price was good: $300 for both. Not a lot of service for them in the US, but there is enough.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Thread Information