Thread: A Good 7mm wet suit

Guppy

A Good 7mm wet suit

Could anyone give me some ideas on a 7mm suit. I wear a 5mm in the summer and need a 7 in the winter so I won't get cold to quick. Or possibly a semi dry....

Thanks
    http://forum.scubatoys.com/signaturepics/sigpic23231_5.gif

Barracuda
    Buy the one that fits and stop worrying about the name on the label.
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

Guppy
    I'm not worried about the name on the label. And I do have one that fits just was asking about a 7mm is all. As for myself getting cold well I am so sorry that I get cold fairly quickly.

Grouper
    Wetsuit sizes vary a lot between brands. If you're happy with the fit of your current 5mm, just buy the same brand and size in 7mm.

Grouper
    I have been diving this suit for 4 years now, it is a great suit for cheap.
    It does not strech as much as some more expensive suits, but if you want a solid suit on the cheap this is a good one.
    I have dived this suit down to 39 degrees & was still fairly warm.

NeoSport 7 Mil John and Jacket discounts on sale Neosport
    Say When....

Barracuda
    Images
    I have a 7mm older Henderson with lots of stretch which makes it easier to get off and on. The down side is the more stretch the cooler the suit is. Recently I purchased a Waterproof 5 mil and I would say they are heads above Henderson. The Waterproof has zippers on the legs and sleeves with seals under the zippers to keep water out. There is also a couple inch long zipper on the front of the neck to relieve the tightness around the neck while gearing up. There are panels in the back of suit and at joints that allow additional stretch. I believe this 5 mil is warmer then the Henderson 7 mil but that maybe just me. The real down side is price but I believe in this case you get what you pay for.
    - Dennis ><()))">

Diesel00,

What defman is trying to say is, buy the wetsuit which fits. Only you will know which wetsuit fits you and you'll have to go into a few stores and try them on to figure that out. The only thing people can give you here is the name of wetsuits which fit them well.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Guppy
    Well, that is a little bit of a problem for me. My right side of my body is definitely small than my left side due to a stroke when I was born. I have the SoFlex Aqua lung and it is a little shorter than I would like plus... The med. is way to big in the chest.

The stretchy wetsuits are not as insulating as you go deeper. The neoprene compresses more with depth. However, if the suit is a little tight in spots, it isn't as bad as a non-stretchy wetsuit, i.e. you can still move and breath.

Maybe something like a Henderson Hyperstretch or Akona Quantumstretch wetsuit would work for you. If you are going to go below 60 feet (especially down to 100+ feet) then they will compress down to thinner than an average 5mm wetsuit. You could get a tunic to wear over the wetsuit for dives below 60 feet.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Megalodon
    Images
    I have a Neosport John and Jacket as well. It's a pretty good suit and if you don't mind being a little cold, add a 3 mil hooded vest and you can go to about 40f water - or at least I did. If your cold tolerence isn't that high, a semi-dry would be the way to go. Most of the semi-drys are about the same in temp control that I've seen.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Thread Information