Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curacao trip

Grouper
    Images

Curacao trip

SPOTTED MORAY-2.JPGSPOTTED MORAY-1.JPGGREEN MORAY.JPGCUTTLEFISH.jpgA couple pics from Curacao trip.

little disappointed in the quality of the pics I took still trying to figure this new camera out.

SPOTTED MORAY.JPG

Grouper
    Images
    Nice Budman, dig the cuttlefish shot.
    Rick

Grouper
    Images
    thanks aquatrax

wanted to give a little dive report on recent trip.

Sunday; dove with Oceans West. I really can't say enough good things about this operation. They are extremely friendly, very professional and have a beautiful facility right on the water in Westpunt. Did a dive on the Alice in Wonderland reef right off the end of their pier just me and DM(can't remember her name but she's very good). Then met one of the other forum divers back there for the afternoon boat dive on Watumula(WaterMill) and that was also excellent dive.

Monday thru Wednesday; dove with the Atlantis dive shop on the east end of the island and found them to be very friendly and knowledgable about the area.
    one word of caution on Atlantis is be prepared to spend 6-7 hours for 2 dives. this caught me a little off-guard as I'm used to having a 2 tank morning dive that starts at 9:00 am and ends 12:30-1:00 pm so that those who want to do an afternoon dive can or in my case I can get back to the family for a little family time.
    that being said I really enjoyed diving with them they have a very nice dive shop and we went to some great reefs.Porto Marie is beautiful and Directors Bay is always great.

just a note on Curacao itself seems like the economy maybe hitting them hard. several of the restaurants we ate at 6 months ago were closed and a lot of the shops were not open also.

overall a great trip till we hit Miami on the return and American Airlines had some huge issues that day I guess causing us to miss our connecting flight in Dallas.

wife thinks we are ready to try Bonaire next so Snagle we may have a lot of questions for you.

Grouper
    Images
    Nice pics Bud did you use the Tamron the whole time? Sorry to hear about the restaurants I was looking forward to revisiting a few.

Grouper
    Images
    CORAL AND DIVER.jpgPUFFERFISH.jpgTURTLE.jpgHEADED BACK.jpg

SPONGE AND DIVERS.jpg

yeah used the Tamron which gave some nice wide angle shots but was less than what I had hoped for on the small stuff.

I should have used the Canon lens I bought for my wife to shoot the macro stuff.

I think i'm figuring out that you have to choose one or the other.Shoot wide angle or macro.One lens is not going to cover both and you have to choose which before you dive.

yeah we were bummed about the restaurants but we did find a nice one called La Bahia in Willemstadt that was real nice kinda pricey though. The Soprano bar in the Rif fort was a good place to eat kinda cheap only pizza and drinks(beer for me)

they now have a starbucks too.

Grouper
    Images
    here's a link to the rest of my pics if your interested.

http://curacaopictures.shutterfly.com/pictures/82

Grouper
    Images
    sorry that was for last year this is better

http://curacaopictures.shutterfly.com/

Hey BUDMAN! Thanks for the posts and the pics!!! We are so happy you had a great time diving with "GO WEST Diving" (formerly known as Ocean Encounters WEST)!! BTW... your DM was Biff (Elizabeth)!

She is going through the our IDC now... so the next time you come, she will be an instructor!!

Anyways, thanks again and we will look forward to seeing and diving w/ you again!!
    Best Regards & Safe Diving, Bryan

Was good diving with you Budman. I really enjoyed Go West as well and did the Mushroom forest with them on Monday. If I get time I'll post my some details on my trip as well but do it on another thread rather than taking this one off course.

Grouper
    Images
    thanks Lee kinda funny you travel 3000+ miles to meet someone that lives less than 10 miles from you. I really look forward to your opinion on the diving and island.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information