Thread: Aruba - Diving?

Images

Aruba - Diving?

So, we are trying to plan our fall vacation (Decemberish). We've been to Bonaire and Curacao and then somebody said how about Aruba? Might as well hit all the ABC Islands.

I'm getting ready to do some research, but really haven't heard of Aruba as being a big Scuba Diving adventure. Have I just overlooked this? Anybody been there to dive?

Snagel

Images
    Oh Yea, We are primarily looking for Shore Diving.

Grouper Founding Member
    Snagel--u need to go to Bonaire with me in Oct, since you have already been there and can show me all the good sites. LOL I hear Aruba is the PARTY island.
    As long as you can breathe, you're still alive

Images
    I would love to. I've been there twice and it is my favorite place to be. If it was totally up to me, I'd be heading to Bonaire. But, we've been there and want to see other places, plus, this year I will also have my teenage son (non-diver) and 80 year old mother. Kinda need a nice place with a nice beach and some things to do topside. Bonaire doesn't quite fit the bill for this trip. I'm sure I will be back many more times to my beloved Bonaire, just not this year (unless, I can do some real fancy convincing).

Snagel

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I'm looking to book a trip to Aruba or Curacao in March 2019. Can anybody recommend a hotel/dive operator ?? I'd like a hotel with a house reef, if possible.
    To those in the miltary who serve, past and present, to protect my freedom, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    I'm looking to book a trip to Aruba or Curacao in March 2019. Can anybody recommend a hotel/dive operator ?? I'd like a hotel with a house reef, if possible.
    I haven't been to either place. However, I did take note of Miss Curacao in yesterday's Miss Universe pageant. She looked good. Steve looked a little off. Sorry, that this wasn't more helpful.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Grouper
    Images
    I would suggest the North End of the island. All West apartments are pretty nice and include unlimited shore dives. They have a tank locker that you can switch your tanks out at. There is also a pretty nice beach and dive spot Playa Khaliki just north of there. They charge a fee but you get a locker. My favorite was Discover Diving. Its in a small cove. Its run by a nice dutch guy and really good food, which is rare in Curacao. Its a little south of West End apartments. You dive from the shore out of the cove into an nice area. There are other spots along the main road. Driving is fun in Curacao and a must.

You can get a really cheap hop to Bonaire from Curacao. We paid $99. If you have the time well worth the effort.

Thread Information