Thread: Aquaworld Divers Cozumel

TadPole

Aquaworld Divers Cozumel

Does anyone have any information either good or bad about Aquaworld Divers. We are going down next month and staying at Cozumel Palace, they are the onsite dive operator. We usually dive with Dive Paradise when we are in Coz.

Thanks

Images
    You are going to love the COZ palace. It's the best on the island. I wasn't impressed with Aquaworld so we took a taxi each morning to Amigos Del Mar.

Tip: each time you get an AI drink by the pool give your Cabana boy $1. He will never be more than 10 feet away your entire trip and he will serve you your meals in the pool, if you want. He was bringing us food and drink from the gourmet restaurants right to the pool bar. Nothing like having Flambeau....whatever while sitting in the pool.
    We got the best room in the hotel. The room had two floors and a Jacuzzi right in the room. Our maid cleaned all our dive equipment for us and she was very good at it. She changed our towels and restocked the ice at least 4 times a day. The room bar was stocked with some very good brands including Napolean Brandy, Courvoisier, Chevas, Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels and the wines were awesome.

Our cabana boy found some CR batteries that I needed and he did it on his day off. He wanted to go with us each morning to carry our dive gear; but, we told him that wouldn't be necessary.

The only thing we didn't like is some of the ramps as well as the marble floors in the room are "slicker than snot on a door knob" when wet. We also had to walk past the kitchen on our way to our rooms.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper Founding Member
    Have you booked you dive with Aquaworld yet? If not DP will pick you up on there dock.
    As long as you can breathe, you're still alive

TadPole
    Thank you we'll take the advice, we stayed there when it was Plaza Las Glorias years ago and have wanted to try it since they went to Cozumel Palace. We usually stay at the El Cantil but thought this trip what the heck. Been putting away $1's anticipating the trip they come in handy.

TadPole
    Thanks, thought since they were the onsite operator we might give them a try. I love Apple so we'll stay with DP

Images
    Was Aquaworld the dive op that was involved in that huge "issue" a few years back? If I'm remembering correctly something about a dive boat almost driving over some divers and a few posts were put on the "other board" about it and ultimately the Captain, Owner, and Divers got into a huge public debate over it. (Disclaimer: This may be a totally different dive op)

(In no means should this reflect on "how good they are" as the OP is asking. I'm just curious if this is the same outfit. I believe there wasn't any question about their service, just that something "stupid" happened and really why was it made so public in a public forum)

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    Does anyone have any information either good or bad about Aquaworld Divers. We are going down next month and staying at Cozumel Palace, they are the onsite dive operator. We usually dive with Dive Paradise when we are in Coz.

Thanks
    I was just at the Palace in Feb for a couple of weeks, Dive Paradise will pick you up. The palace has their pier. BR

Moderator ST-Forum Mod PACKRMAN's Avatar
    Images
    I recommend another operator. Huge, slow boats full of people among other issues. Both Dive Paridise and Aqua Safari have picked me up at that pier.
    Originally from the Great White North, I give you...

Grouper
    Images
    was there a few weeks ago and I also used dive paradise. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel resorts and had a guy from Cozumel Palace on the boat a few times
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Guppy
    Run away from Aquaworld as fast as you can..... Virtually every other dive op on the island is better than they are. This is from my actual experiences with them. My recommendation is Scuba with Alison.

Thread Information