Thread: HOG Harness

HOG Harness

I see that ScubaToys sells hog as I have recently bought a SPG for one of my deco tanks, but where is the hog harness on the site?

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPhillips View Post
    I see that ScubaToys sells hog as I have recently bought a SPG for one of my deco tanks, but where is the hog harness on the site?

Dive Rite Basic Harness discounts on sale Dive Rite
    DevilDiver

I understand the dive rite a hog harnesses are very similar, but where is the actual HOG harness and deluxe harnesses

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    You might be confusing HOG and HOG. A hog harness is short for hogarthian and is a style of harness. The brand name of gear called hog took the name because it sounded techie - but the are not the originator of the hog harness. Dive rite has been making them for many more years than hog the brand has existed. But if you want straps from them, give us a call and we will get you what you need.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPhillips View Post
    I understand the dive rite a hog harnesses are very similar, but where is the actual HOG harness and deluxe harnesses
    HOG (The Manufacture) Does not sell a harness (webbing, D-Rings and buckle) according to their website, they sell back plates and they sell wings.
    HOG

Are you confusing HOG (the manufacture) with HOG (Hogarthian) style harness?
    DevilDiver

Where I get this from is other forums. I hear about the hog harness an how it is a relatively cheap but very reliable harness. I have been looking for it .. I could easily be confused.

Images
    No problem, I believe what you are looking for is basicly the pieces included with the Dive Right harness that I linked to. The basic harness is just that (webbing, d-rings and stainless buckle) used with a backplate (steel or aluminum) and appropriate sized wing for your needs.

There are many modifications and add-on's you can customize your rig with depending on your needs so if you are not familiar with this set-up I would find a local diver who is that can help you out or just make a trip up to Scuba Toys. Ask for Todd or Joey at ST, they would be happy to help you out.
    DevilDiver

Thread Information