Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coz trip

Barracuda
    Images

Cool Coz trip

Brother just posted to me we are going to Coz srpt 6 -13th for diving. Probably stay at Hoetl VCozumel or the Barracuda as we dive with Dive Paradise. We like thier big slow boats. Can't wait.

Barracuda
    Images
    Hotel Cozumel and flying on american direct from DFW.going thrusady to ST to get gear its annual check & new batteries in the computers. Counting the days til we get there. Anybody ever shore dive at Hotel Coz. I have dove off Barracuda Hotel & was not real impressed.

Grouper
    It is not an impressive shore dive, but it is a dive in clear warm water ocean water! BR

Barracuda
    Images
    Start your dive from the shore across the street from Hotel Cozumel at Dive Paradise. Swim to the right and do most of your dive in front of Scuba Club. There are many more things to see there.

Barracuda
    Images
    How close is Hotel Coz and Scuba Club. I can place Scuba Club but not Hotel Coz. I thought it was a ways farther south. Thanks for the info.

Grouper Founding Member
    Scuba Club is right next to HC their pier's are maybe 100 yards apart. Also directly out in front of HC pier there is a little pyramid. Just ask the dive shop,it cool for some pics.
    As long as you can breathe, you're still alive

Barracuda
    Images
    Thanks for the info on the dive. Planning on doing maybe a night shore dive. Found out today that when I get back I have off 3 days then go to a school for a week, so my month for work will be real short. My vacation just got better. And if my scedule doesn't change I won't have to take vacation just comp time,
    Hoping the current storm doesn't mess things up in Coz.

Shark
    Images
    Stayed at HC in July (17 - 24) and Dive Paradise treated us right with our shore diving. Loved having a large locker and rinsing stations. Yes on seeing the pyramid, and if you find that small black fish who thinks he's a piranha swat him a hello from me! Just kidding--sorta. Under the pier you can find all sorts of life, especially at night.

I hope you find the service in the main dining room much better than we did. Order all your drinks at once or be prepared to serve yourself. I grabbed the coffee pot in the morning and refilled cups for the entire left side of the dining room.
    The breakfast is the best meal of the day! Berta will make an omelet worthy of any 5 star restaurant. I did tip her daily, but that was just me as I lived on mainly breakfast, fresh fruit and salads.
    If you dive late, and HC runs out of the main protein, they will either NOT cook anything or it will be breaded mystery meat. I couldn't eat the 'hamburger' as it was dyed a nasty shade of red.

As for the beds, remember that the 'box springs' are concrete. You can order foam pads to soften the mattress. The pillows are not comfy but I brought my own. The rooms are large, comfortable, the patio has places to hang gear. Each room does have a view. Our room was cleaned daily, towels replaced, and I loved coming back after a day of diving. There are safety deposit boxes in the closet.

I'm not sure I would stay there again as I found most of the staff blaise, the food less than average, the huge pool crowded. That being said, HC is set up for divers. Look on the bulletin board for Makai Scuba and I'll be in the group shot.

Barracuda
    Images
    Thanks for the info on HC. we're not doing the all inclusive as we don't drink much and will go out and find somewhere local in the eveings to eat. breakfast will be fine as lunch is light,salads or something. we'll find the pyramid and look for the killer fish.

Barracuda
    Images
    Picked up regs from ST ( annual service) and got a light to adapt for my brothers video camera. gonna try it before we go. Less than a month away & it will diving in Coz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information