Thread: igills

Grouper

igills

Have you guys seen this yet? iPhone Dive Computer | Scuba Diving iPhone Case, Dive Log

It's a waterproof housing that turns your iphone into a dive computer.

I realize that the iPhone has not been tested for this kind of use, and there are many potential flaws with this product. However, the logging features/camera features alone are pretty nifty. This seems like it'd be cool to pick up for use as maybe a secondary computer. I like the idea of the GPS and photo/video integration into the logbook a lot since most of the computers in a comparable price range have primitive logging software at best.

I'm sure most of us out there who are gadget freaks can understand what it means to be an early adopter of any technology, but I'm eager to see some of the actual customer reviews roll in on this gadget.

For diving, IMO this is a bad idea. It won't be able to take pictures below 10' without some really expensive flashes and even then won't look particularly decent, GPS won't work down there, obviously can't take a phone call with it while in the drink and orings fail which could make for an expensive brick.

They should have sourced Android and built a computer from it that was truly sealed.

Guppy
    I would be all over this if it worked with Android phones.....

Images
    Looks promising, will be waiting for some trip reports. It would be nice if it had a wireless transmitter attachment for AI.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    I contacted Igills yesterday and they're working on an Android version!

Now alls they need to do is improve the touch screen so that I can play games while decompressing!

Also hopefully they'll improve the case so that you can make phone calls while on the surface without taking it out of the protective shell.

Thread Information