Thread: PVC gear rack, need ideas and experience =)

Question PVC gear rack, need ideas and experience =)

Hi!

I just moved into a new house and don't really have a lot of space to store my gear in. I need to build a pvc rack that can fit inside a 55"x40" area. I want to be able to hang almost all of my gear on the rack, except the smaller things like lead weights, knife etc. The drysuit will hang upside down with pvc pipes inside the legs, something like this, with some modifications for more gear.

I have made some rough "sketches", with blocks to give an impression of some gear:

Has anyone made a rack for all the equipment who can provide some tips or even measurements? I have also been thinking of a smart way to hang the suit without having to use a chair or even a ladder =P..

Bigger than what you need but might give you some ideas:

Costco sells an almost perfect dive gear wash, dry and storage rack/cart ScubaGadget – The Deep Background on Scuba

This is the system we use and it is very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Bigger than what you need but might give you some ideas:

Costco sells an almost perfect dive gear wash, dry and storage rack/cart ScubaGadget The Deep Background on Scuba

This is the system we use and it is very easy.
    Nice, but I am looking for, as you said, something smaller and the possibility to hang my drysuit upside down on pipes so that I can pump air into the feet. It doesn't seem to be any good commercial solution for what I am looking for. Perhaps I should start a SCUBA PVC rack store online =P

I have decided to just hang the suit upside down from a hanger. Pipes up in the legs seems like a hassle (hanging the suit in a confined space etc), so I have decided on something like this:

I am a bit unsure about the horizontal support pipes between the BCD and suit rack parts, as they might be in the way of the suit. But then again, I am afraid it might break or bend without the support.

Any ideas for improvement? I have been thinking of a clever way to hang my regulator. hmmm..

Finally, I'm done! I didn't follow my drawings 100%, but I'm pleased with the result. It seems to be pretty stable and I managed to fit most of my equipment on the rack (the rest lies on the floor on a towel.) The drysuit hanger didn't fit 40mm pipes, ofcourse, but luckily there was a small plastic thingie in the loop (see pictures) that I cut off and managed to slide the pipe in.

Feedback? =)

Thread Information