Thread: Tigers in Hurghada

Tigers in Hurghada

Hi All,
    2 Tigers Sharks were spotted today at Carless Reef, Hurghada, Egypt. One about 3m long and the other roughly half the size. 5 Hammerheads are also cruising the general area at the moment.

Barracuda
    Images
    How are things going in Hurgada? A friend from Luxor says bussiness is very slow. Have wanted to dive Hurgada but dont know much about the area. haave dove Dahab & Sharm before. Any info on dive ops or hotels would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    How are things going in Hurgada? A friend from Luxor says bussiness is very slow. Have wanted to dive Hurgada but dont know much about the area. haave dove Dahab & Sharm before. Any info on dive ops or hotels would be appreciated.
    Hi mcr0122, things are a little slow here but that means that the dive sites are quiet. Since the revolution the tourism industry has been hard hit, it's starting to pick up again now but slowly. In the Hurghada area we have over 40 dive sites available for daily diving, most of these are reefs but we do have a couple of wrecks too, El Mina and Suzanna. If you're not into watersports there is not a lot to do here during the day. Night life is much better with plenty of clubs and bars. The new Marina is the place to go after dark. It has a lot of good places to eat and great bars and clubs. When we have guests come to our centre we use Sea & Sun hotel, it's generally had good reports on cleanliness and food. Close to the centre we have Roma hotel and Aqua Fun. I don't know much about these hotels but I'm sure you could find info about them on Trip Advisor. This is the link Holiday Reviews - Hotels, Resorts and Holiday Packages - TripAdvisor
    Hurghada is generally much quieter than Sharm for diving. We're seeing a lot of nice things at the moment due to the plankton bloom. It cuts the vis down a bit but Whale Sharks are happy :-) I was out on the boat yesterday and we had a nice group of dolphins in the afternoon, we see them fairly regularly. There are a lot of dive operators in the area and some hotels have them on site. It's just a case of shopping around for the best deal. Most dive centres are offering very good prices, including us! Come and dive in Hurghada, I'm sure you will have a great time :-)

TadPole
    Hey Panorama-S, I'm compiling a list of different diving centers at Hurghada over at Scuba Diving In Hurghada, please contact me if you'd like me to add you to our list

Grouper
    Images
    Pan- Do you think it is safe for Americans to travel in Egypt atm?

Barracuda
    Images
    Clernix, we're headed to Egypt in Jan. land trip then diving in Dahab. we were susposed to go 3 years ago but the revolution put a stop to our trip. This will be my 6th time. Our dive op still honors our deposit even now.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewho View Post
    Hey Panorama-S, I'm compiling a list of different diving centers at Hurghada over at Scuba Diving In Hurghada, please contact me if you'd like me to add you to our list
    Hi whatthewho, thanks for your very kind offer to add us to your list. Sorry for the late reply, we've been pretty busy and the electricity supply has also ben a little sporadic in my building due to very lengthy road repairs I will have a look at your link now.

Oh dear, whatthewho..the link does not want to work..I will message you

Quote Originally Posted by Clernix View Post
    Pan- Do you think it is safe for Americans to travel in Egypt atm?
    Hi Clernix, here in Hurghada it's very safe for all visitors, we've seen no problems at all. I have no worries about going out a night but never walk the back streets alone, I wouldn't do this in the UK either!

Thread Information