Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Forum Topic

Images
    I disagree, I've been on other forums and they are packed full of advertisements to a point it is difficult to load pages. IMHO, what makes this forum better for me than the rest is the people on the board. We might not have a zillion people from all around the world, but those that are here are almost like family. There are very few flames thrown and a very high respect level amongst those here.

This is the best of both worlds, a great forum and because Joe and Larry are not trying to make a living off the forum, no ads to load on every page.

Snagel

I'm going to Abu Nuhas and Thistlegorm (Egypt) at the end of the month so will post a long and rambling trip report and photo's when I get back. As I'm working at the dive centre or on the boat most days as a guide, I don't often get to go on trips so have little to report on this topic :-( BUT..if you want more info on the diving in the Hurghada area of Egypt, I'm very happy to post every day, though I suspect you may all get a little bored of this after a while..lol

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by snagel View Post
    I disagree, I've been on other forums and they are packed full of advertisements to a point it is difficult to load pages. IMHO, what makes this forum better for me than the rest is the people on the board. We might not have a zillion people from all around the world, but those that are here are almost like family. There are very few flames thrown and a very high respect level amongst those here.

This is the best of both worlds, a great forum and because Joe and Larry are not trying to make a living off the forum, no ads to load on every page.

Snagel
    Jeeze. Pain between the eyes. Joe and Larry do a great job. They have provided the platform. The problem has nothing to do with intrusive ad's. In short, IF NO ONE POSTS TO THE FORUM, IT HAS NO REASON FOR EXISTENCE!!!!!! I really believe that people log in and read the forum. For some weird reason though, nobody posts in it. There for there is no reason to log in. Are we clear???? I guess I'll get off the soap box. There doesn't seem to be a point anyway. Seems to me no one dives around here who can write, besides myself, posts here anymore anyway. Have at it.

Barracuda
    Images
    Posting will pick up when summer is over. There is always more activity here in the winter. I like this forum much better that the 'other' forum. There is too much bickering, and too much criticism over there. The people here are more like a family.

I'm a member of 5 different forums, I have to agree with SEMO Scuba..this one is a really friendly place to be :-)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michijim View Post
    Jeeze. Pain between the eyes. Joe and Larry do a great job. They have provided the platform. The problem has nothing to do with intrusive ad's. In short, IF NO ONE POSTS TO THE FORUM, IT HAS NO REASON FOR EXISTENCE!!!!!! I really believe that people log in and read the forum. For some weird reason though, nobody posts in it. There for there is no reason to log in. Are we clear???? I guess I'll get off the soap box. There doesn't seem to be a point anyway. Seems to me no one dives around here who can write, besides myself, posts here anymore anyway. Have at it.
    Slow down, take a breath, let the blood pressure level out.....it's only a dive forum.

Megalodon
    Images
    This is not only a dive forum! This a great spot to meet,greet and chat. I've met probably 25-30 folks from the forum now (Snagel included!) and find everyone of them great folks to be around and dive with. BTW Snagel: We need to hit Bennett again this year!

BTW Lake Michijim: I'm still trying to find a good excuse to head your way for a few dives. So your posts are not in vain.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Images
    Definitely going to do Bennett again....just a couple months away.

Barracuda
    I have been busy opening a new dive quarry, have not hit the Lakes yet once this year.( looking for rum bottle now) I will be heading to St. Joe area and doing some wrecks in Big MI Labor day weekend, even finishing 2 AOW certs there! Doing deep in Lake MI just seems right, and introducing 2 new divers to the Lakes +1
    Trip report to follow! and when winter hits I will post what I find up in the St Clair river.
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Barracuda
    Should add, my students will do the AOW wreck dive on a new find, yet unnamed wreck, less than 15 divers have been on her!
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information