Thread: Newly certified looking for dive buddies

TadPole

Newly certified looking for dive buddies

I just finished my OW cert and would like to find a few people to go diving with from time to time if anyone is interested let me know and we can get together I would like to do some local dives then maybe start going to blue water after I get a little more experience. I live in fort worth so hit me up and we will see what we can do about meeting up.

Where will you be diving? Especially locally. I'm on the Dallas side of the planet but am always looking for dive buddies.

You should also look into clubs like the Diving Rebels. I know nothing about that particular club except that Arlington is probably closer to you than me.

TadPole
    I would like to do a few more dives out at CSSP to better refine my skills then start diving some of the lakes like possum kingdom. I would like to plan a trip to the flower gardens for next year or maybe Cozumel or bahamas if the funds are there for it. I figure if I can do it in 10' vis then when you get to 50' or more it should be a cake walk lol. I'll look into that dive club and see what they are about thatnks for the tip.

I will going out to CSSP a few more times on Sunday's before it gets too cold for a 3mil. Always looking for a buddy or would welcome a third. The visibility at CSSP has been pretty good but is starting to drop off pretty quickly. I think thats pretty much the cycle out there. The crowds have definitely started to go down. This last Sunday we had a whole entry to ourselves.

My first blue water dives were off of Cozumel and Isla Mujeras. The visibility things is amazing. The only problem was what DAN calls "too many first". First time in Blue Water, first time in salt water, first time off a boat, first time with rented bc and weight belt. I at least had my regulator, wet suit, mask, and fins. Still had fun but buddied with a local dive master for the first two dives for safety. Go with a good group or club and you will be fine. I am getting ready for Hawaii in November now. Can't wait.

I was out there for Labor Day. Maybe 20 people on the whole lake. Just since last week the visibility has dropped a foot or so. If you stand at one of a platform you have trouble making out a hand signal from someone on the other end. I am crazy though and just enjoy getting wet at this point. Also need 5 more dives for my 50th.

Thread Information