Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egypt 2013

Barracuda
    Images
    Well my brother bit the bullet this week and made plans for a trip. Going in late Jan to luxor,Aswan, & Abu Simbol, then diving in Dahab. May do one day in Cairo to go to the museum at Saqquarra( well worth it). Looking at dates and flights,

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    Well my brother bit the bullet this week and made plans for a trip. Going in late Jan to luxor,Aswan, & Abu Simbol, then diving in Dahab. May do one day in Cairo to go to the museum at Saqquarra( well worth it). Looking at dates and flights,
    you mean june (or jan - since the post was in Feb). June is hot hot hot - and there may be sandstorms in Cario (so might want to plan for 2 days instead of 1).

luxor is nice. Cario, the usuals will apply (pyramids, sphynix etc). Cap, sunglasses, lots of water and sunscreen/block is a definite. I was there in June 10 years ago (?) , and i actually 2 pimples all dried up and burnt under the sun ! (and i think its much hotter now)

anyway, it will be a great trip ! keep us posted !

Barracuda
    Images
    I was talking about Jan 2014. We grew up in Libya and it was hot there most of the time. We've been numerous times & are looking at going to some out of the way spots ( small museums& temples,ect) Cairo has only one museum I would like to go back to at Sqquarra, the rest I've been to numerous times.

Barracuda
    Images
    Leaving Jan 13, 2014 & returning 4 Feb 2014. Will be making a stop for Saqquarra then driving to Luxor then a cruise up the Nile ending in Aswan. Then on to Abu Simbol for the night. Then to Dahab for a week of diving with Dive Urge. Right now it's just my brother & I, my sister is still trying to convince her hubsband that it's safe. If she goes she will snorkel in Dahab maybe discover scuba dive while there. This will be a different trip as we are only going to sites we want to spend extra time at. My brother reads hyroglypics & I have serveral ideas going on taking photo's representing serveral themes ( Masonic & comparison Religion) We have always taken someone with us that needed to see the normal sites & this trip is about our interests. Looking foward to it.

Barracuda
    Images
    Had Lufstansa extend my trip by one day due to scedule change. Also my Doctor & a friend is thinking of going. Bothe have been before . All are divers but the Doc may not dive. Know it's early but am starting to get excited.

Barracuda
    Images
    Hoping they get it together before Jan. I don't want to cancel again. Told my brother if we can't tour how about 2 weeks in Dahab diving. That would be tough but I might be perseuded to do a boat safari out of Sharm, maybe. Yeah right I'd jump on it!!!!

Barracuda
    Images
    My friend in Egypt said it has gotten ruff for him as there are so few tourists to guide. I'm going to help him out some so his family doesn't starve. It's sad when a small percentage freezes a whole country. Keep Egypt & Egyptians in your thoughts.

Barracuda
    Images
    My friend emailed us and said it was quiet in Luxor & Aswan but no tourists were there. We're still planning on our trip but may have to adjust by not going by car from Cairo to Luxor means we'll skip some really good sites. And our dive op says the same thing.

Barracuda
    Images
    Just an update. The website ( Egypt Daily News) I use to check on how things are going in Egypt posted yesterday as a headline " Egypt school system is underfunded & overcrowded and not about roits, crackdowns or demonstrations. Things are getting back to near normal. Looks like the trip may still be a go for Jan, just maybe hav to fly instead of drive from Cairo to Luxor.

Grouper
    Images
    Hope things work out. I heard a couple weeks ago there were issues near Sharm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information