Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egypt 2013

Barracuda
    Images
    We're hoping it works out. we are making plans to skip Cairo and fly instead of drive from Cairo to Luxor & miss some of our favorite sites. Maybe concentrate on Luxor & spend the night at Abul Simbol.

Barracuda
    Images
    Heard from our guide & he says it's quiet in Luxor. Also in Dahab ,our dive op is operating as usual. My brother & I are still on for the trip. Just bought a new travel tripod to take pictures in low light. Have a new gopro to use below the water. I am a novice when it comes to UW photos.

Barracuda
    Images
    Got an email from our friend today about the Trip. He says as long as it stays quiet we can drive from Cairo to Luxor. We were going to skip the one site in Cairo & fly to Luxor. This is great news as I want tp photograph the "Cubit Sticks" in the museum at Saqquarra. My brother wants to go in a pyramid to read the book of the dead text on the wall ( only ones are at this site). Been playing with my travel pod and camera trying to get used to taking pictures thiourgh glass in a lit room.
    Getting more excited the closer it comes. The diving will be excellent. as always there.

TadPole
    As an Egyptian, I can guarantee you most of the violence issues is contained to Cairo and other, far away areas which would have no impact on Hurghada!

Barracuda
    Images
    We dive in Dahab. And yes we do understand the news makes it worse than it really is. We depend on our friend & guide to steer clear of trouble spots. We grew up next door in Libya in the 60's & 70's so we are not bothered by alot of things. We feel at home in Egypt and also realize you can be anywhere in the world & get caught up in a flareup. ( Boston ?).
    As it gets closer to the trip the more I think of what to take & not take. Hoping thge sights are not closed that we want to see as some are not the normal ones.

Barracuda
    Images
    spent a week with my brother looking at our trip trying to decide which sites & how much time to spend at each one. All we did was narrow it down some. I'm getting more excited each day. The land pART WILL BE GOOD & THE DIVING IN DAHAB WILL BE FABULOUS AS AWAYS!

Barracuda
    Images
    Looks like we will be truelly sailing the Nile on a Dahiyba yatch this time. 5 or 6 days on a boat that holds 12 passengers. Our land trip is planned along with the diving. The countdown has started!!!!!

Grouper
    Images
    Sounds like an amazing trip. Can't wait for the report.

Barracuda
    Images
    Clernix, it will be amazing , this is my 7th time to go to Egypt. This trip is just for my brother who reads hieroglyphics and I who want to photograpgh some specific items in museums and the different sites. We are going to some places the main tours don't or can't go because of size limits. We enjoy spending time with Egyptians as well as sharing thier country. If I didn't have grandkids I would consider retiring in Egypt. I will keep the foruom posted & maybe I can get my computer nerd brother to post photo's.

Barracuda
    Images
    Got the final plans today for our trip however it is subject to change even once we get there. I have my own room n the Nile yatch and for most of the trip.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information