Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting scratches out?

Grouper

getting scratches out?

is there any way of getting scratches out of mask lenses? or can you replace the lenses? does it just make scence to buy a new mask? thanks

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Can you see it while under water? I know if it's not a deep big scratch, you can't really see it under water. My Vyper's shield has scratches on it, I can't see them in the water.

Michael
    Please PM me if you need any help.

Grouper
    Its not one scratch but a multitude of scratches in one area. tey are not that deep, no. However, I do see a foggy area when diving in only one area of the lense. It just gets in the way a bit.

I think the reason that I see it is that... are you ready? the scratches arfe on the inside... dry side of the lense. I think the little people in my life are responsible for that. when I ask them aboutit they each blame the other. tells methey did it but not sure who to ground
    Last edited by coralcrazed; 09-21-2007 at 11:12.

Guppy
    Images
    A rough rule of thumb is if the repair cost is less than 50% of a new item, then it pays to repair. If more than 50%, depending on the value of the old item and the repair costs, then generally it doesn't pay to repair.

Is it a single or 2 lens mask? If the latter, and the scratches are only on one lens, perhaps you can just get an inexpensive replacement to pop in... assuming it is not a prescription lens.

Another thought is get a new mask, and repair the old one, if economically feasible. That way, you'll have a back up... just in case.

Sounds like you'll also be storing your gear out of the little ones' reach.

Good Luck!

Grouper
    Most masks don't have replacement parts but some do. I would wager to say that it will cost almost as much as a new one. If all else fails watch E-bay.

Grouper
    thanks for all of the suggestions so far... My mask is the zeagle ebon, its a 2 lense mask. I love this thing and hope that I can just get the lense if its feasable. I will check into it. thanks again

pm scottzeagle
    hes a rep for the company and hes on here and scubaboard, if you still go there...

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by paintsnow View Post
    pm scottzeagle
    hes a rep for the company and hes on here and scubaboard, if you still go there...
    I am in contact with him thanks... as far as scubaboard... yah I'm still there but honestly people here are much more easy going. I think I found a home

Grouper
    Call the factory and tell them your issue. Sometimes Scott gets busy and doesn't get back to you for a couple days. Good guy, good company.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by coralcrazed View Post
    is there any way of getting scratches out of mask lenses? or can you replace the lenses? does it just make scence to buy a new mask? thanks
    Makes sense to buy a new mask, but that depends on how much you paid for it. Sometimes toothpaste gets scratches out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information