Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonaire

Guppy

Bonaire

well I am returning to Bonaire again next year. Will be there twice. Once in March and again in July. Seems like I am getting there now twice a year. Twice last year. March and July. July in Bonaire and november in Curacao 2010.
    Did Nitrox cert. this past July. Stayed at Buddy's. Not a big fan of Buddy's but yes I a big Fan of Bonaire!
    Will be staying again this March at the Black Durgon Inn and this summer at Windsock resort. Another first at Windsock resort. Have now stayed once at the Plaza, and Buddy's. Its not for everyone but the Black Durgon works for me. this will be atleast 7 times there.

Shark Founding Member
    We love Bonaire as well, though we don't get there twice a year...lucky you! We always stay at Den Laman for 2 weeks when we go, and we're returning next summer for 2 weeks and I can't wait! We love how relaxing and laid back a trip to Bonaire is, even with doing 4 dives per day.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Guppy
    Zenagirl,
    although I have never stayed at Den Laman I did check it out once. Very nice place and people. my only real concern was how busy the dive dock was. this was somewhat of a turn off for us though as we are use to diving pretty much alone. When I go in summer its usually part of a group. Not so alone then :-)

Shark Founding Member
    Yeah, the dive dock can be crowded, but we always go off site for our first 3 dives of the day (prefer the southern sites), have lunch at about 1:00, a siesta, then we do our last dive on Bari Reef. We've found that diving at around 3:00 the dock is pretty quiet. Also, next summer should be very interesting now that Sand Dollar isn't using BDA as their dive op, thus not using the dock anymore. It'll be interesting to see if BDA can survive without Sand Dollar, or if some folks will stay with BDA even though Dive Friends is now their "official" dive op.

Grouper
    Images
    We will be in Sand Dollar 12/31/12-01/08/12. Can anyone offer a review on the Condos?

Guppy
    Clernix,
    have never stayed but do know people that have. they really liked it. raved about it but I have no review besides that. Many maybe all are individually owned so there is some difference in decorating i would guess. but i am just guessing.
    Zenagirl can give you more insight into diving part for sure as Den Laman is right there.

Shark
    I have some friends that always stay at sand dollar. I have never stayed there but HEY just being in Bonaire is good
    God is good, no matter what!!

Images
    Ahhh Man...my favorite place in the world...Bonaire, Den Laman, and Bari Reef. Usually get a balcony overlooking the pier and relax and watch the divers when not in the water......paradise to me.

The wife was bugging me the other day about what my last wishes are and what she is suppose to do with me when that day comes. (Wonder what she is planning). I told her to take me to Bonaire and scatter me along Bari Reef.

Snagel

Shark Founding Member
    Sand Dollar condos are individually owned and decorated, so they vary as far as condition, decor, etc. are concerned. They also don't have A/C in the living rooms.

Sand Dollar people used to use the dive dock in front of Den Laman but since they're now using Dive Friends, they'll be diving from an area right in front of the resort. The dock in front of Den Laman is for customers of Bonaire Dive and Adventure only. Bari is a super easy reef. You simply drop down, swim to the edge of the wall, then drop down the wall to your desired depth. Go either left or right to your turn around pressure, then head back. Oh wait, I think I just described just about ALL of the diving on Bonaire!

Snagel, I'm with you....nothing better than relaxing on the ocean front balcony at Den Laman! We've even stayed in the same condo on our last 2 visits and have it reserved again next year.

Barracuda
    Images
    I stayed at Sand Dollar twice in 2008. Our condos were o.k. both times. They were not 5 star, but they were well equipped with good furnishings. The beds were comfortable, and there were two full bathrooms. Our condos had A/C in the living room as well as both bed rooms, and our A/C worked well. I think most, if not all the condos are privately owned, so the furnishings are picked by the owners. We did have working TV in the living room. The wireless internet did not work from our room. We went to the tables outside the ice cream shop next door to use the internet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information