Thread: Table Rock Lake Master Plan Revision

Images

Table Rock Lake Master Plan Revision

Received this email and at first thought it was spam, but maybe not. Anybody know anything about this and/or planning on attending?

TABLE ROCK LAKE MASTER PLAN REVISION

The Army Corps of Engineers, Little Rock District, plans to revise the Table Rock Lake Master Plan. The Master Plan guides the classification and management of government-owned or leased lands around the lake and may affect future recreational opportunities and natural resource management.

Pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) an Environmental Assessment of potential impacts of the draft plan will also be prepared.

We want to hear from you!

Please attend a meeting or visit Little Rock District - Table Rock Lake
    for current information.

PUBLIC SCOPING WORKSHOPS

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

6:00 to 8:30 p.m.

Reeds Spring High School

20277 State Hwy 413, Reeds Spring, MO

Thursday, November 29, 2012

6:00 to 8:30 p.m.

Shell Knob Elementary School

24400 State Hwy 39, Shell Knob, MO

Saturday, December 1, 2012

10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Dewey Short Visitorís Center

4500 State Hwy 165, Branson, MO

-----All facilities accessible to persons with disabilities-----

Attend one of the three public scoping workshops to learn the details of the master planning process and provide your input to the master plan vision for future land use and management along the shorelines of Table Rock Lake. Your input will help define the Table Rock Lake Master Plan Revision scheduled for public review in the summer of 2013.

Comments may be submitted via mail, email, or fax with attention to: Dana Coburn, Chief, Environmental Branch, Planning and Environmental, USACE, Little Rock District, P.O. Box 867, Little Rock, AR 72203. Fax: (501) 324-5605, Email: M4TRMP@usace.army.mil , Website: Little Rock District - Table Rock Lake .

Written comments must be postmarked, e-mailed, faxed, or otherwise submitted by December 14, 2012.

Images
    It looks like we need to get some of the local divers to attend some of the meetings to put a good word in for the Scuba Diving on the lake. Would love to have an opportunity to open up a scuba park or some area devoted to shore diving.

Snagel

Guppy
    This meeting is being advertised in local papers. Had the same thought about needing to attend so will try to do so. Be interesting to see if the Corps gives us any consideration.

Images
    Thanks BillS,

Several years back I was talking with one of the business owners around the dam area and they were inquiring about what divers would like see happen to continue pulling divers to the area and hopefully more of them. They told us at least at that time, that the local business and Corps had been discussing improving the area for divers because divers brought a constant flow of revenue to the local business and area. We threw out several ideas about building up Dewey into a Scuba Park adding platforms and more stairs, etc.

Well there seemed to be some recognition at that time, but then they totally "dissed" the divers when they built the new visitor center. I live about 3 hours away from Table Rock and traditionally would spend a minimum of at least one weekend and month at Table Rock. Since they closed Dewey, I have only been back one time for diving.

Historically, I knew a lot of divers that would make a weekend trip to Table Rock for diving, but not much anymore. I don't think I had ever pulled into Dewey and there were not divers there. Obviously, haven't seen this much anymore. Where are the divers going? Where are they spending money?

Snagel

Grouper
    I think I can make the meeting at Dewey Short on the 1st.
    I would like to hear what the plans are & add some input for divers.
    Which meeting do you think you can attend bill?
    Any help with sugestions on what we should bring up at the meeting would be nice if anyone has any input?
    Say When....

Images
    I guess my input would be to provide the divers with a place they can pull up, enter the water safely and dive without any hassles. I would love to see them permit the divers or local dive shops to install training platforms and maybe even some underwater attractions.

Snagel

Images
    Thanks BD....

For all those that don't live locally and cannot attend, send them an email and ask them to consider adding areas/facilities for the divers. (email address is listed in the original post). I've done this and outlined the many divers from all around the Midwest that would travel to TR Lake for some diving and how divers spend money in hotels and food.

Snagel

Images
    I've contacted White Water Dive Company and they are attending along with several of my dive buddies from around the area. Keep passing the word and again if you can't make any of the meetings....send an email.

Snagel

Images
    Got an email from one of my buddies that was able to attend one of the meetings:

Meeting was short and to the point. Very general explanation of the Corps desire to update their "master plan". Must have been 800-900 people at the Reeds Spring meeting. No chance to actually voice individual concerns. They did, however, have comments cards available and I completed one from a divers viewpoint needing consideration for developed dive sites. I suggest an email to the corps by Dec. 14 which will do as much good as anything.

Thread Information