Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to our First Cruise

Images
    Finished up 2 days of audits at work (we passed, but was it draining). Went to the boys basketball game last night and they lost in the tournament....terrible ref calling and got the blood pressure shooting up due to it - maybe part of it was all the stress release from the audits (adults shouldn't act the way I did). Left the game saying, I'm on vacation so let it go.

It's Saturday morning and going to be a busy day...packing (normally would have been packed weeks ago, but a lot going on). Have to take the dogs to the kennel, the wife is clothes shopping for her and the boy today, checking gear multiple times trying to figure out what I'm forgetting and exactly how I'm going to meet the 50 pound limits. Probably have to swing by the store and pick up a few things for the trip (store will be nuts with Christmas Shoppers), check all the travel documents to make sure we don't forget anything, and check in with the airline. Oh yea, better go by the bank (before noon) and get some cash. Swing by Mom's and check on her baggage and make sure she doesn't try and take anything "illegal" on the plane....she has a history of this (liquids). On top of all that, better check the weather. The last I heard we might be getting some mixed snow early Sunday when I'm driving and hour and half to the airport....is there a hotel room tonight in my future?

Ahhh Yes, it's vacation time! Just keep remembering tomorrow evening will be on a boat heading to Coz. Tuesday morning will be floating on the reefs.

Snagel

Funeral Jorunna
    Have a great trip and one thing to remember is don't call it a boat, it's a ship.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Don't forget your c-card (I did that once).
    This signature left intentionally blank

Images
    I'll get these nautical terms down at some point. Don't leave home without the C-cards...that would be a huge bummer. Almost forgot passport one time, had taken it out to make a copy of it and left it on the copier. Thank God for my intense neurotic need of checking things over-and-over as we walked out the door.

Snagel

I was lucky I was with PADI. All the dive shops along the way could look me up online and one even gave me a temporary copy of my c-card. I think now a days most the dive shops (non-PADI) can do this now.

Images
    We've been thinking about making copies of all our C-cards and maybe passports (not so sure about the passports) and posting them on our website in a secure location where only we can get to them if needed. So, if we get in a bind maybe just getting to a computer with internet would be the answer....maybe dive shops wouldn't accept this, but need to check in to it.

Last year in Curacao, we went down to the dive shop and filled out all the paperwork to dive the house reef. We had just gotten there and were tired and it always seems disorganized when you are filling out paperwork with 4 people. The next morning the wife couldn't find her c-card and we needed it because we would be diving other places. We searched all over the room and then went to the dive shop thinking she might have left it there - nope. The dive shop said they could look it up and I think there was a little cost to it. We eventually found it. She had put it up in some other paperwork; so not to lose it.

Snagel

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snagel View Post
    We've been thinking about making copies of all our C-cards and maybe passports (not so sure about the passports) and posting them on our website in a secure location where only we can get to them if needed. So, if we get in a bind maybe just getting to a computer with internet would be the answer....maybe dive shops wouldn't accept this, but need to check in to it.

Last year in Curacao, we went down to the dive shop and filled out all the paperwork to dive the house reef. We had just gotten there and were tired and it always seems disorganized when you are filling out paperwork with 4 people. The next morning the wife couldn't find her c-card and we needed it because we would be diving other places. We searched all over the room and then went to the dive shop thinking she might have left it there - nope. The dive shop said they could look it up and I think there was a little cost to it. We eventually found it. She had put it up in some other paperwork; so not to lose it.

Snagel
    I keep copies of our C cards on all our electronics including the cell phone.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Images
    Good idea I am going to make copies of the c-cards and the nitrox cards.

Putting the c-card on a web location isn't the best idea. A lot of places in the Caribbean still have sketchy internet connections. So the shop might not be able to connect to the internet to get the c-card copy. It is best if you get a copy on a cell phone.

Also, if the shop is charging you to look up your c-card they are just looking for a little extra cash. There is no official cost to looking up your c-card; at least not with PADI. If you want PADI to fax you an official letter stating you have your c-card then they charge a fee for that. As a dive professional, it costs me nothing to look up you certs online. I just need your name and birthdate.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I keep copies of our C cards on all our electronics including the cell phone.
    There might be an app for that?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information