Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diving in Dallas

Thanks Bigg_Budd. I'll definitely have a look at CSSP for a day trip and maybe go for a weekend dive at Lake Travis.
    This signature left intentionally blank

No Dallas for me. Someone in Cincinnati needs to leave the project. So looks like I'm heading to Cincinnati right after the holidays.

Some day I'll make it back to Dallas (and ScubaToys).

Grouper
    Images
    How long will you be in Cincy?

As long as you are there for a few months (as in when the snow melts), you are about 2.5 hours from Gilboa Quarry, 3.5 hours from Lake Erie, and about 3-3.5 hrs. from White Star Quarry. Not exactly warm water diving, but fun dives anyway. We might have to set up a meet and greet at one of the dive sites. Davetowz is down in Ohio and is an active diver, I think he even dives during the winter in a dry suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clernix View Post
    How long will you be in Cincy?
    Not sure yet. Phase 1 ends March 1st but I think Phase 2 is going until June. I just got the word yesterday. So I'm still getting all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmorgan View Post
    As long as you are there for a few months (as in when the snow melts), you are about 2.5 hours from Gilboa Quarry, 3.5 hours from Lake Erie, and about 3-3.5 hrs. from White Star Quarry. Not exactly warm water diving, but fun dives anyway. We might have to set up a meet and greet at one of the dive sites. Davetowz is down in Ohio and is an active diver, I think he even dives during the winter in a dry suit.
    I actually live 200 metres from Lake Ontario. So I'm no stranger to Great Lakes Diving. Niagara/Lake Erie is around 3 hours from my house. So diving Gilboa Quarry sounds interesting.

Maybe some week I'll drive down. It is a 9 hour drive from my house to Cincinnati but it goes right by Gilboa Quarry. Unfortunately, I'll have to work it out with the company. Flying is still cheaper than driving. Might have to swallow the extra costs. Maybe the money I save not renting a car in Cincinnati will balance things out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information