Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Practice or Learn Dive Tables

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod

Thumbs up Practice or Learn Dive Tables

So folks, you may know that about 20 years ago, I wrote the computerized table tutor software. Well, it was written in an old version of Visual Basic, and it turns out it does not run on the 64 bit machines....

The source code was long since gone, so I couldn't really update it. So I started from scratch, and am happy to announce that I now have a web based version that works on any browser or machine.

You can do first table questions, surface intervals, missing surface intervals, and repetitive dive problems in either metric or imperial.

At this point I only have the Padi tables done, but the others will be coming.

It will generate millions of questions, and give you multiple choice answers, and it will draw out the answers on the tables for you, and explain how to figure the answers.

check it out and let me know what you think!

Aquaholics Dive Table Questions Online

Images
    Interesting....I'll have some fun playing around with this for awhile.

BTW Larry, Bored over the holiday?

Snagel

Nicely done. I was trained using NAUI tables so this takes a little bit of acclimation. I may be old fashioned, but it seems easier to do dive planning with tables than with a computer. The more that I dive, the more detailed my dive plans are becoming. I don't know if that is good or bad, but it is reassuring to dive a plan, and end the dive with the predicted amount of air from the dive plan.

Images
    Nice job; but for some strange reason I have a hankering for a line cutter and a wet suit.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Megalodon
    Images
    Looks good, though I found myself woundering why I was going to dive in a
    Waterproof Capri full 3mm Ladys Size Large, but other than that...

A few things:

1. Can you add a "Next question" tab? It might make navigation a little easier.

2. It locks up on me after two questions.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

ST-Forum Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    Looks good, though I found myself woundering why I was going to dive in a
    Waterproof Capri full 3mm Ladys Size Large, but other than that...

A few things:

1. Can you add a "Next question" tab? It might make navigation a little easier.

2. It locks up on me after two questions.
    I'm confused on what the next question tab would be... if you click on any of the 4 question types at top, it gives another question, so would you want the next question to be a random question from any of the 4 types, or another question of the type you are doing??

And this locking up thing bothers me... haven't seen that... If you can, let me know where it is when it's doing it, which browser you are using, and what type of computer and operating system... Like... As soon as I hit the answer, it just freezes when using windows8 with IE... or something like that.

Thanks!

Anyone else having it lock up??

Megalodon
    Images
    I was using I.E. 8 with windows XP office I think. Ignore my requests, it works great here at home: Windows 8 and I.E. 9. I will be back at work tonight and see if I can replicate the problem.

Also, I realize what I am suggesting may be difficult to do, but would it be possible to make a runnnign day of diving with the previous dive, SI and the like figured into the next calculation like one would need to do in real life. The random questoins is great, but having to make calculations for one dive with the answer for the last question would be great. ( first question is figure your group after dive one, 2: what's your group from the first dive (question one) 3: What's you RNT after the SI for the next dive? 4: what's your group after dive 2 and then repeat.

Images
    I haven't had any lockup problems using Windows 8 on an i7 machine.I use Chrome for my browser. It did take me awhile to figure out how to get another question to come up and like Navy said it would be nice to have the "next" question be based on the previous questions answer.

I also think a random button would add some value. All in all a really nice job.
    --Zeagle Eagle

ST-Forum Mod
    I just added the Padi Nitrox tables for ean32 and 36. Working on Naui next.

Megalodon
    Images
    Works great now. I like the new question tabs! It is now and officially a work of art Larry!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information