Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonaire Curcao Trip report

Shark Founding Member
    I've read that they give out access codes. Like I said, we'll likely keep our stuff on our balcony to dry at night any and keep our truck loaded with tanks anyway, but it sure will be nice to have the option, and particularly to be able to get nitrox tanks on the pier for night dives instead of only air.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Grouper
    Images
    All the locks have keys in access code boxes. The kind that realtors use. Zena is Den Laman those apartments that sit right next to the dive shop?

The equipment room is locked after 4:30. The availablity of tanks is nothing short of amazing and as much nitrox as you can handle. It was interesting even when I did 4 dives in one day I never even got close to deco. Of course most dives there are very shallow. I rarely went deeper than 65ft there really was no reason too.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Clernix View Post
    The only dive we did in the far south was Angel City. I was traveling with two divers that did not like the iron coral on the entries.
    I did most of my diving to the south. Torri's reef has an excellent sand channel for entry. Unbelievably easy. Going both north and south on Torrie's is wonderful. I think that there is mostly hard coral north island and soft coral south island. Also, south seemed to have much more animal life. I almost always saw turtles down south and the number of fish seemed much higher. I loved the double reef at Angel City.

Shark Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clernix View Post
    All the locks have keys in access code boxes. The kind that realtors use. Zena is Den Laman those apartments that sit right next to the dive shop?

The equipment room is locked after 4:30. The availablity of tanks is nothing short of amazing and as much nitrox as you can handle. It was interesting even when I did 4 dives in one day I never even got close to deco. Of course most dives there are very shallow. I rarely went deeper than 65ft there really was no reason too.
    Yes, the condos right above Fish Eye Photo and BDA offices is Den Laman. We've always stayed there and love the convenience it offers. Plus there are only 16 units, so it's quiet and uncrowned.

Agreed, we've never been close to deco diving Bonaire either, and typically only had to do 40 min SIs between dives.

Grouper
    Images
    What are you paying there for a one bedroom?

Images
    I'm thinking we paid around $600 each (2 bedroom/ 4 people), but I believe this included the diving for each and maybe the truck as well. It's been awhile, I better go back so I know these things.

Snagel

Images
    I really should not be giving out all my secrets, but I have to say one of the most enjoyable moments in my life has been sitting on the balcony at Den Leman watching the sunset over Klien Bonaire. It simply does not get any better than that in life......then jumping in Bari Reef and taking a night dive.

Snagel

Shark Founding Member
    We're paying just over $900/week each for 2 people in a 1-bedroom, Ocean-front unit in July. That's for the condo, unlimited nitrox tanks, and a truck. The first year we went, we stayed in a "studio" that was actually a small 1-bedroom with an ocean view. It's unit 2F and sits directly above Fish Eye Photo. It's a really nice little unit, but there simply wasn't enough space for everything PLUS my husband's camera gear since there's no dining table.

The studios are 450 square feet while the 1-bedroom units are 1,000 square feet, which for us made the extra expense for the upgrade worth every penny. We also go to Bonaire for 2 weeks, making for a far more comfortable stay. Then like Snagel said, sitting on the balcony overlooking the dive pier and Klein is hard to beat. We love watching the night divers' lights in the water at night.

We always choose a 3rd floor unit, so although it's a pain to carry bags up and down on arrival and for departure, we've always felt the climb to be worth it for the quiet and lack of mosquitos.

Grouper
    Images

P1051775 by clernix, on Flickr
    Last edited by Clernix; 01-21-2013 at 19:35.

Grouper
    Images

P1041738 by clernix, on Flickr

P1011681 by clernix, on Flickr

Yay I did it I got the photos to post
    P1011671 by clernix, on Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information