Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New diver

New diver

I am new to diving and trying to learn everything I can. So far I love it. I will probably asked some simple questions, just remember you were a new diver once too.
    Thanks

Grouper
    Welcome to the board & feel free to ask away!!! Lots of great people on here that can help with about any question you have & they won't bust your chops to much.
    Say When....

Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of experienced divers who can answer almost any dive question and everyone is very friendly.

Grouper
    Images
    Welcome!! Just do everything the opposite of what I say and you will be fine! Oh and if you ever meet any of us and we seem to be down or in need of something? Get us under quick!! Were just going through withdraws.
    There is a God... Come diving I'll show you!!
    Just found out I'm an Infidel! Translation: FREE!!

Shark
    welcome!! we remember being new. ask away.....if we dont know the answer we will find out for you,
    God is good, no matter what!!

Megalodon
    Images
    AS the others have said, welcome to the forum. Ask your questions without hesitation. I can honestly say that there is a definite friendly help other divers out. I wish I could remember being a new diver... about 36 years ago.

Actually, I DO recall being new. I had great mentors taht helped me and answered all my questions. So, ask away.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Welcome Dive Monkey! No need to worry about being new and asking questions! (And getting your head bit off! lol!)

One of the reason's I became interested in diving (besides loving water) was the first time I met a few divers, they were all so enraptured with the sport, and not just willing, but delighted to talk about diving with a non-diver. This was well before I even considered getting certified! Once I got certified, and got on a dive boat, I was amazed at how much the experienced divers wanted to help us rookies. I've come to discover over my 10 years of diving, it really is a 'pass it on' sport. In general, everyone likes to dive, have fun, and help each other. And the crew around here in SB is a pretty good example of that!

Barracuda
    Images
    Welcome aboard. You will get a lot of good and friendly help here.

Thanks all. I went to the Virgin Islands and did 4 dives the first 4, very cool I knew I should have learned 20 years ago. So no questions yet except why is it cold? Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dive monkey View Post
    Thanks all. I went to the Virgin Islands and did 4 dives the first 4, very cool I knew I should have learned 20 years ago. So no questions yet except why is it cold? Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    The Virgin Islands???? OKay, I think we'll have to torture you a bit , as we're all sitting around being VERY JEALOUS!!!!

(And I have to admit, after I got certified, I said the exact same thing! I should have done this 20 years ago! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!!!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information