Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Megalodon
    Images

Solo? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

I was persuing and noted that no one has posted a new thread in Solo for almost a year

So, who's been doing solo? Any "Hey this is cool!" gear or procedure idea?

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Images
    I try not to do the solo thing. What is diving if you can't share the experience.

Grouper
    Images
    since I have no friends that dive anymore that's all I do is solo. working on new gear config of running my drysuit inflator hose off my pony bottle rather than main tank. I think it may work but I may have to go to a 30 cf instead of a 19cf.
    My gear my life I will check my gear every time

Grouper
    Images
    Although there are others that enter the water during my trips spearfishing it is mostly solo diving. Only time I'm around other divers is if were on a wreck but even then I keep as far away from them as possible.
    There is a God... Come diving I'll show you!!
    Just found out I'm an Infidel! Translation: FREE!!

Grouper
    It's -1.7F - not diving (solo or not) anytime soon. I've been tweeking my kit some. Changed from a hose clamp to an octo holder for my pony. Got a Comfo-Bite with a quick release mouthpeice clamp for my snorkel (yeah, I still use one). Got a zippered mesh pocket for my BC - between the pouched belt I made and the mesh pocket nothing hangs and everything has a designated pocket. Picked up a travel guide to Belize - bucket list trip, 3 week minimum with more than diving on the menu. My pony is in for vis and fill and my lp steel 72 is in for fill. About April I'm going to order an UW metal detector to play with. Oh yeah, I also got an add on for my dive flag - it's a white rectangle that attaches to the pole right below the flag that says in bold black "DIVER BELOW". Now the morons will at least know what the flag means, though I doubt they will know to stand off 100 feet. I can't wait to get back into the water by myself, solo, alone!!!

Barracuda
    Images
    diving with wheelman means that i basically dive solo on every dive. he's so irresponsible under water. all he wants to do is rail fish.

i kid...

i did do a solo dive a few weeks back when wheelman had to turn due to a punctured dryglove (water temps in low 40s). i must admit, it was kinda creepy. beaver lake is basically deserted right now. i only went to ~50ffw, but i started getting the heeby jeebies. kinda like when i was a kid in my swimming pool and i always thought the shark from Jaws was chasing me.

not to mention, i was shivering like a biznitch. so it was a short dive.
    i'm not as think as you drunk i am ...

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by BUDMAN View Post
    since I have no friends anymore that's all I do is solo.
    I feel sorry for you, You could try http://www.fitness-singles.com
    Any dive you survive is a good dive

Grouper
    Images
    i knew someone would jump on that. easy target
    My gear my life I will check my gear every time

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    It's -1.7F - not diving (solo or not) anytime soon. I've been tweeking my kit some. Changed from a hose clamp to an octo holder for my pony. Got a Comfo-Bite with a quick release mouthpeice clamp for my snorkel (yeah, I still use one). Got a zippered mesh pocket for my BC - between the pouched belt I made and the mesh pocket nothing hangs and everything has a designated pocket. Picked up a travel guide to Belize - bucket list trip, 3 week minimum with more than diving on the menu. My pony is in for vis and fill and my lp steel 72 is in for fill. About April I'm going to order an UW metal detector to play with. Oh yeah, I also got an add on for my dive flag - it's a white rectangle that attaches to the pole right below the flag that says in bold black "DIVER BELOW". Now the morons will at least know what the flag means, though I doubt they will know to stand off 100 feet. I can't wait to get back into the water by myself, solo, alone!!!
    That's not cold you big sissy. It's only really cold when it gets to -1.8 degrees F. Get in that water! LOL
    I have been thinking about getting one of those underwater metal detectors too. Let me know when you get yours.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Shark
    I took the SDI solo diver course a couple of years ago. Unless you have your own boat, it's the only way to spend any time looking at small animals, like tube worms, tunicates, etc.

It sucks to spend $100 to chase some hyper-active stranger around a reef, burning up an AL80 in 30 minutes, and see absolutely nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information