Thread: Cayman Brac

TadPole
    We're going to Cayman Brac in October. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently? We've never been there and are up for suggestions. Also, any "tricks" in finding cheap airfare? :~)</font></font>
    Go Heels!

Grouper
    I've noticed that Cayman Airways put on a sale from a specific US departure city on occasion...I think it's NY this week.

We are going to Grand Cayman at the end of the month. I have never been but will post a trip report when we get back!!

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    One of my close friends works on the Cayman Agressor. I will check with them on any suggestions for Brac.

Grouper
    Not recently as we hung out on Brac in 2000. A friend has a house that he rents out (Send PM if anyone wants info). Nice and quiet. Just you and the hermits crabs. We dove and went climbing. Seems the dive ops had changed considerably since our visit.

We rented a car to get around - pick up some locally made coconut rum ice cream at the local burger/chicken place. Excellent. There is some reasonable shore diving on the north side. Check out the island history especially the bluffs and the caves.

Can't help you on the airfare as I have never paid for a single ticket into the Caribbean in 15 years just the island hoppers. Okay well I did buy a ticket to Cuba :-).

Grouper
    We're headed to Cayman Brac in September. Originally had a direct from Houston to Grand Cayman with Cayman Airways but they called and rescheduled because they're discontinuing the direct Houston flights the middle of September.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    We're going to Cayman Brac in October. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently? We've never been there and are up for suggestions. Also, any "tricks" in finding cheap airfare? :~)</font></font>
    american airlines to miami and then cayman airways straight to cayman brac. RT from New Orleans is $649 and that is pretty cheap.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by cutter77 View Post
    We're headed to Cayman Brac in September. Originally had a direct from Houston to Grand Cayman with Cayman Airways but they called and rescheduled because they're discontinuing the direct Houston flights the middle of September.
    We had the same thing happen to our group. 8 of us were booked from Houston to Grand Cayman over Thanksgiving. We all got rescheduled on Continental non stop so no big deal in the end.

I do wonder why they have cancelled the non stops out of Houston. Is business that bad?

Grouper Founding Member
    We have stayed at Brac Reef. We have no complaints. Have a fantastic trip!
    RonC.

Thread Information