Thread: Great Wedding Gift

Images

Great Wedding Gift

So, my brother got invited to a "renew your vows" wedding for one of his buddies. The strange thing is this particular buddy is very well-off. I mean, he has millions and lives in what most consider a mansion. He owns several businesses and spends his time traveling around the world sailing his sail boat. He and his wife have been married for several years and wanted to put on a "shin-dig" to renew their vows. I've met them and they are great people and very down to earth. The uncomfortable thing was that they registered in several places for gifts and made it known that they would accept gifts.

So, my brother orchestrated a plan. He got word out to everybody to buy a toaster as a gift. So, on the day they got to opening the gifts and after about the 5th toaster, they finally caught on.....they took it good fun.

Not sure why I'm posting this, but thought it was an interesting tale and very bored waiting on spring to arrive.

Snagel

Grouper
    Love it, I will have to remember that one for a certain guy I know lol.
    I hear you about spring coming, just talking with a coworker/ good buddy that got certified in early November 12. He has 8 dives no deeper than 30 ft and has been putting together his setup all winter while asking me tons of questions about where we can go dive, (local) this summer. We have been discussing weekend trips to Norfork, beaver, and tenkiller in Oklahoma as well as Table rock which is only 30 mins from both of us.
    He is getting me fired up for some diving.
    Say When....

Images
    Keep me in the loop. Our boat is at Norfork and I can make a weekend trip down to TR and Beaver.

Shark
    Images
    Pretty cool.
    For years,when the person we know getting married is the bride- the wife and I have been giving bigazz iron skillets as a wedding present,
    usually with a note "not only for cookin' "
    Did this for my baby sister years ago, we also included check along with the note, but she didn't find the check until a few weeks ago.
    Was so long that we had since changed banks, and told her nooo don't cash that and wrote her a new one. Luckily she didn't ask for cost of living increase.
    I am thinking, all these years maybe her and her husband thought we were cheapskates.

Sine Timore!

Shark
    I like to give a large cooler with picnic stuff in it like plasticware and paper plates and a tablecloth and then add a check of appropriate size depending on how well we know them.
    God is good, no matter what!!

Images
    For years when we were invited to weddings, we would try to find the perfect wedding gift and somehow always fall back on money. We figured that when we got married the money we received helped us out so much in getting our lives started. So, that seems to be the standard for us.

Strange how life is. Earlier we seemed to be going to many weddings every year until everybody we knew were all married. Haven't been to a wedding in a couple years, but now that all the kids in our lives are graduating high school and collage, I'm sure we will start the wedding tours again.

Snagel

Grouper
    My best friend got married in December I got them a gift card for bed bath and beyond. Figured that after the wedding they would find something that they need but did not register for

Grouper
    Images
    An economics professor once told me the only gift that makes any sense is cash. It can fulfill any want and does not waste time in acquisition. I have never understood why giving cash is considered not being thoughtful as far as Christmas goes or Birthdays and such.

You know what you want and need here is a hundo go get it!

I LOVE GETTING CASH!

Thread Information