Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeagle will not honor warranty

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    snip for bevity

so a way out
    a) get cheap parts for replacement - PM me if you need to , i can walk you through it
    b) there are off the shelf parts for it out in the market - good quality, but too costly. for the price of 2 of those, its better to get a new BC with new valves , etc
    c) give up diving
    Give up diving???! GIVE UP DIVING!?? Mikey, that's like even implying the Fonz was wr... Wroo..... w.... How could you think that? Man, that's just mean!

CDNinNH, Mikey does indeed give good advice here, just ignore that last little bit.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

TadPole
    Thanks for the advise. If I can get the bladder back from them I will look at how I can repair it myself. Actually was thinking that I could possibly epoxy it back together, but if you say there is a way to bond a new fitting to the fabric then that would be better.

As to the Warranty, there seems so many things are not included that about the only thing that would fall under the "Lifetime" warranty might be the stainless steel D rings

Grouper
    Images
    I had a problem with that fitting on my Diverite bladder. It didn't crack but the glue let go and it was leaking air. One phone call and a new bladder was on my doorstep a couple days later. Mine was four years old. I wish I saved the old one. Could have sent it to you. +1 for Diverite.
    What, me worry?

I'd ask Larry or Joe to intercede on your behalf since:

So I called up Zeagle, and told them what I wanted - and they have custom made these BCs just for us. Named the Brigade, It carries a lifetime Zeagle Warranty from the manufacturer, and includes all these features:
    Zeagle Brigade BCD discounts on sale Zeagle

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Glub000 View Post
    I had a problem with that fitting on my Diverite bladder. It didn't crack but the glue let go and it was leaking air. One phone call and a new bladder was on my doorstep a couple days later. Mine was four years old. I wish I saved the old one. Could have sent it to you. +1 for Diverite.
    Yes, that's customer service. The thing that bothers me the most is that Zeagle asked for a pictures of the failed part before I sent it back. If they do not include the plastic parts in the life time warranty then why did they tell me to ship it back? So they could hold it ransom? Really feel like I've been cheated here.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by diversteve View Post
    I'd ask Larry or Joe to intercede on your behalf since:

Zeagle Brigade BCD discounts on sale Zeagle

Actually i was hoping they read this forum and might have jumped in on this....

Shark Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNinHH View Post
    Actually i was hoping they read this forum and might have jumped in on this....
    Sent Joe a private message to make sure he's aware of what's happening.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

TadPole
    Thanks very much

TadPole
    Well my second phone call to Zeagle today went very well.

I left a voice mail and it was returned promptly by Susan. She explained that her supervisor had rejected the warranty claim as "It was old and must have caught on something to break" I said yes, I agree it is old, but that I can assure you it it failed while the bladder came to full inflation. To Susan's credit she said she would ask her supervisor again and call me back. She was true to her word and called back a few minutes later. They had re-considered and would send me a new bladder but I would have to pay the shipping charges to Thailand, which I gladly agreed to.

Thank you all for your support in this matter, but all's well that ends well.......now, where should I dive next

Grouper
    Images
    I have no dog in this race.. So this is just my 2 cents. I think it was more you that held Zeagle ransom with this thread. Hope you take better care of your gear in the future. Some of us are old enough to take no for an answer and accept the lesson that stored gear is going to need some level of servicing (including replacing a wing). I'm sure if you wanted your broken wing back they would have mailed it back since they requested a closer inspection than pics would allow. You concluded by thanking everyone for jumping on your smpathy train with no thanks to Zeagle for clearly going out of their way to resolve what would have been a non-issue had it not been for a one sided post on a public forum.

Thread should be changed to "How calling out a manufacturer on a out of warranty issue you can still get your way"

EDIT: I will correct myself and say IMO it is in the best interest of any manufacturer not to send back a broken part. Especially a wing that someone could then attempt to fix and dive. Explanation necessary?
    There is a God... Come diving I'll show you!!
    Just found out I'm an Infidel! Translation: FREE!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information