Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zeagle will not honor warranty

Images
    I agree with Dive Hard. A thank you to Zeagle would have been nice. They made your BC whole again even though it was out of warranty. Like DiveHard, I have no dog in this fight. I do love Zeagle products and their service. Hopefully, with the sale of the company this will remain so.
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    You guys are right....I did thank the Zeagle rep very much, but not publicly.

Thank you Zeagle for standing behind your products.

Divehard, you do not have all the facts, so your post is a bit out of context.

Zeagle Eagle.....not sure what you mean by "out of Warranty" Susan said the Lifetime Warranty covers defects in workmanship or manufacturing. This plastic part may well have had a defect from new, I have no idea and I'm sure they realized that as well. When Susan said the BC was old I said yes but in pristine condition (my words) and she agreed with that assessment.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNinHH View Post
    You guys are right....I did thank the Zeagle rep very much, but not publicly.

Thank you Zeagle for standing behind your products.

Divehard, you do not have all the facts, so your post is a bit out of context.

Zeagle Eagle.....not sure what you mean by "out of Warranty" Susan said the Lifetime Warranty covers defects in workmanship or manufacturing. This plastic part may well have had a defect from new, I have no idea and I'm sure they realized that as well. When Susan said the BC was old I said yes but in pristine condition (my words) and she agreed with that assessment.
    If i am not wrong, no manufacturer warranties against the part that you had broken. The part itself is (kinda) of weak in terms of mechanical properties. In the last few years, most of the manufacturers had started changing the parts to delrin - if i am not mistaken.

If it was the glue /gluing - it is considered workmanship and is covered under warranty. If its the part itself that cracked, then usually its not.

but i am glad zeagle sorted you out on this - do a check on the part still. If it is not delrin, you will be faced with the same problem in a few years time

Repairing BCDs with rotted bladder connection fittings

Quote Originally Posted by CDNinHH View Post
    I have a Brigade that I purchased from ST about 6 years ago. It has had very little use (25 dives) and has never been abused. It was in storage for the last 2 years and the first time I tried to inflate the bladder the plastic ring that the inflator/dump hose screws onto failed. It just cracked.

I sent it back to Zeagle and they say this is not a warranty issue, and get this, they want $249.30 for just the bladder!!!

So much for a life time warranty.....
    Many major BCD manufacturers (not just Zeagle) have suffered from rotting of the BCD bladder connector fittings - its a major issue that has killed thousands of otherwise good BCDs during the last 10 years or so - I know, I have seen hundreds of them cross my company's work bench into the nearest rubbish bin (less fittings!) - much to the chagrin of the owners.

That the issue occurs outside the manufacturers normal 1-2 years guarantee irritates purchasers immensely - I mean... they've hardly been dived, most of the jackets presented to me with this issue have perhaps only seen a few dozen dives at most. Storage in warm tropical climates seams to aggravate the issue.

A Singaporean company called SCUBA-FIX at a website of the same name http://www.scuba-fix.com/ now supplies owners with a do it yourself repair kit that corrects this problem.
    The kit is well supported, complete with online videos instructing the user on how to accomplish the repair - 'Scuba-Fix' will internationaly ship the repair kit to you wherever.

The only slight drawback is that the kit is not cheap - once shipping costs are included, it will likely cost about USD100 to get into your hands.

The repair kit costs will no doubt be worthwhile on a big tech diving bcd - but not viable on some el-cheapo dive shop rental BCD

I hope the info helps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information