Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeagle will not honor warranty

TadPole

Zeagle will not honor warranty

I have a Brigade that I purchased from ST about 6 years ago. It has had very little use (25 dives) and has never been abused. It was in storage for the last 2 years and the first time I tried to inflate the bladder the plastic ring that the inflator/dump hose screws onto failed. It just cracked.

I sent it back to Zeagle and they say this is not a warranty issue, and get this, they want $249.30 for just the bladder!!!

So much for a life time warranty.....

Straight off Zeagles website. Storage for 2 yrs it neglect because the bladders can and will dry rot depending where/how it was stored.

BCs-

Limited 2-Year Warranty To The Original Owner (Scout and Escape Models) Limited Lifetime Warranty To The Original Owner (all Zeagle BC Models EXCEPT the Scout and Escape)

1. Your Zeagle BC is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover normal wear, or damage from accident, abuse, neglect, alterations, improper usage, or failure to follow reasonable care and maintenance as outlined in the owner's manual. Fading due to exposure to sun or pool chlorine, is considered normal wear and tear. Under this limited warranty, Zeagle will either repair or replace, at its sole option, any original equipment or parts that fail to perform as intended. Shipping and Labor charges are not included and must be paid by you. To validate your warranty, you must fill out and return your warranty registration card to Zeagle within 30 days of purchase. This Limited Warranty excludes hoses, and O-rings, which are warranted for two years from the BC’s date of purchase. Filling out the card requires printing CLEARLY all information requested. You can also register your BC at Zeagle Systems, BCs, Regulators, and Scuba Accessories on the internet in the "Product Registration " section. There is currently no serial number on the BC, so when you register on the website, you can leave that field blank.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Straight off Zeagles website. Storage for 2 yrs it neglect because the bladders can and will dry rot depending where/how it was stored.
    I suppose that would apply here if it was the bladder that failed. However the bladder itself is in pristine condition, what failed was the plastic part.

Barracuda Founding Member
    This should be a easy fix.

Do you mean the plastic 90 degree piece that goes into the BC. You can unscrew the locking ring and unhook the corrugated hose and replace it.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I would see if scubatoys can get you the part if not these guys are good.

Corrugated Hoses - Elbows - Quick Dumps - Northeast Scuba Supply

Grouper
    its an easy fix for about 20 bucks.

or if its the inside/outside bladder nut, about 10 bucks

Oh ****! BC Parts - Northeast Scuba Supply

Images
    I thought one of the owners at Zeagle was a forum member....might be getting that mixed up with the other board. If he is a forum member, might try and PM him and get his take....trying to think of his board name.....

Snagel

Grouper
    Images
    Zeagle was purchased by the same company that owns Atomic. I can't remember the name, but I remember a news release on DiveWire. I think it was a company in Colorado.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by comet24 View Post
    This should be a easy fix.

Do you mean the plastic 90 degree piece that goes into the BC. You can unscrew the locking ring and unhook the corrugated hose and replace it.
    No, unfortunately it is the part that is glued/bonded to the fabric of the bladder, the threaded part that the locking ring screws onto. Not sure on the ownership of Zeagle, but still shipped the bladder to Florida.

I should add that Zeagle asked for a picture before I sent it back, the same one I just posted now. If they were not going to honor the warranty I wish they would have told me at that point and saved me considerable shipping charges (Thailand) Now I suspect that they will charge me to send it back the way it is. Sorry if this offends Zeagle fanboys (of which I was one) but this is just plain poor service. They need to take a page from Apple when it comes to warranty.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CDNinHH; 03-19-2013 at 22:35. Reason: Added text

Shark Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snagel View Post
    I thought one of the owners at Zeagle was a forum member....might be getting that mixed up with the other board. If he is a forum member, might try and PM him and get his take....trying to think of his board name.....

Snagel
    You're thinking of Scott. He's no longer with Zeagle. Huish (sp?) bought Zeagle.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information