Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BARE

Shark Founding Member

Great products and a good company.....fair customer service.

I own only BARE wet and dry suits!

PADI Divemaster, TDI Advanced Trimix

Grouper Founding Member
    I'm right there with you, I dive Bare wet and dry. Although my "vacation" 3mm suit is a neosport, but only because it was cheap for the time or two I actually go anywhere with it.
    <DIV>
    Shane</DIV>

Grouper Founding Member
    I wear a Bare 3/2 and am quite happy with it. Now if the manufacturers (Bare included) would realize that some women are tall and not model thin I'd be tickled pink!

Grouper Founding Member
    Kudos to Bare, we love our NexGen drysuits! We bought them as our first drysuits and we have no complaints!
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>My wife enjoys Bare because of the Tall/Short options- well, the short option for her...</DIV>

Grouper Founding Member

Anyone else have trouble with Bare sizing? I feel like the suits run a bit small. Just received my full 3/2 wetsuit. I followed the sizing chart. The only thing that was a little off was waist, which would have pushed me up to the next size. I chose to stick with the smaller size and see how it fit. Oddly enough the waist fit just fine, but the chest/back was much too tight and the height seemed to be too short and those were within the sizing chart guidelines.

Guppy Founding Member
    sizing is never an exact science, but there are options to change the fit slightly if it's off.

Grouper Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacewindu
    sizing is never an exact science, but there are options to change the fit slightly if it's off.
    Yeah, that part I've read about and if this was just a little off, I wouldn't have posted the question. It won't even zip up once it gets to my mid-back. This is an initial choose a size from the chart type issue.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Weird that you found them small. I thought the exact opposite, but wait, my wife agrees with you. Now I have no idea. I guess it depends onhow you're proportioned.The nice thing is that they have a ton of size options available and ST (shameless plug) seems to have them all.

Grouper Founding Member

Tried a size larger when I ordered the 7mm and still doesn't fit right. The chest and neck are still super tight. I had issues breathing, plus there's no way a hood could be tucked into it. So I think I'm going to give up on Bare for now, I need a suit next week. I tried the Aqualung Flex 7mm a couple weeks ago, so I decided to order one of those instead. It fit right and was pretty comfortable for a 7mm.

I was really hoping the Bare would work out for me. Not sure why there's a problem, I'm a pretty tiny person and don't have a weird body shape or anything like that, everything is pretty proportionate.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I have a 7/6 bare wetsuit I got from ST... thing is a beast to get on, and off... but i dive it alot more than my 3mm. It's pretty much all I dive now actually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information