Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is Arpil, right?

1st experience today with the tornado sirens - we didn't have them in Central Texas. Kinda scares the crap out of ya, and makes it all too real. Luckily, nothing developed in our neighborhood, but some other areas weren't quite so lucky.

Barracuda
    Images
    We got about 2 inches of snow overnight/this morning and now we have freezing rain coming down (or rather being blown sideways, the winds are so high). Driving home is going to be NUTS!
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Grouper
    Worse drive of winter was on Wednesday. Freezing rain followed by sleet, followed by almost 6 inches of snow. They said it would miss us. Not! Still snowing today.

I get the best of all worlds. It was warm and sunny in Cincinnati Wednesday. It was pouring rain in Cincinnati yesterday. It is warm here in Cincinnati right now and I'm flying into an ice storm in Toronto. Yeah!!! Oh and I can see the tornado shelter from where I'm sitting right now. Not scared crapless, yet... but it worries me for sure. I'm pretty sure tornadoes and airplanes don't mix.

On a good note, John and I own Poseidon regs... which work well even in freezing rain.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Shark
    80 yesterday 50 today.....mother nature must be having trouble with her thermostat.....
    God is good, no matter what!!

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    On a good note, John and I own Poseidon regs... which work well even in freezing rain.
    ROTFLMFAO!!! Good point.
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information