Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What arms for the strobe?

Grouper
    Images
    Thanks DD. I'm ok with best estimate TTL through the fiber optic cable. I haven't had a chance to dive for a while, let alone have time to practice my UW photography. So for now, I'll depend on the camera rather than going full manual as I typically do on land with my SLR.
    I just received my E-PM1 and housing from Optical Ocean yesterday and have been playing with the camera to get familiar with it.
    One thing I've noticed is that there is a rectangular shadowed area in the LCD. It exists smack dab in the middle of the LCD, leaving about 1/2 cm on each side, and with rounded edges. I'm not sure if this is a defect or not, but I'll call Optical Ocean tomorrow.

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    All good, enjoy your setup.

Are you getting this rectangular shadow when the camera is in the housing? Are you only using the cameras flash when you get this? Any way you can post a pic of what you are seeing?
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    Images
    Nice post DD. I still have not got a new housing for my d7000. Mainly due to the fact that I am just not sure which system to go with. I want this purchase to be the last one for a long time. One of the things that I am focusing on is a sync system or fiber optic. I was looking at the ikelite housing but it bothers me that their strobe set up is not compatible with the strobes I have or any strobes for that matter.

I really like the Aquatica housing. So I am on the fence. I am not even taking a camera with me to Coz this trip. Just going to enjoy the dives.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDiver View Post

Are you getting this rectangular shadow when the camera is in the housing? Are you only using the cameras flash when you get this? Any way you can post a pic of what you are seeing?
    I haven't even opened the box for the housing yet. And the shadow shows up even without using the flash. I'll try to get some pictures of the problem and post them by tonight.

Shark Founding Member
    Thanks for the info about the difference between the YS-01 and YS-02....the information I gave was clearly lacking about the TTL, which is an important point and certainly makes the price difference make more sense. I went back to the person who told me what the difference is and informed them as well.

Great post DD, very informative!
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by db83 View Post
    I haven't even opened the box for the housing yet. And the shadow shows up even without using the flash. I'll try to get some pictures of the problem and post them by tonight.
    Any luck on figuring out the reason for the shadow? If not please post example pics........
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDiver View Post

I took a picture of the LCD problem with my phone.

You may have to zoom out to see the picture, but you can clearly see the dark rectangular shadow on the LCD.
    I actually just returned the entire bundle today. There were other things about the camera that I was not too thrilled about as well. I guess the hunt continues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information