Thread: hard headed

Grouper

hard headed

guilty as charged
    many people tried to tell me dont task load with a camera until after you master basic diving
    i did not listen
    been reading a lot between dive trips
    think i am going to leave the camera on the boat next trip
    good article Push the easy button | Articles | Resources

if we go in july like we hope then again in october there is plenty of time for cameras later

Shark
    the first time I held a camera underwater and attempted to take a pic I shot to the surface fortunately I was only at 15 ft but also very surprised when I broke the surface....I think it was about dive 30. Hubby takes most pics now.
    God is good, no matter what!!

Barracuda
    Images
    I am very comfortable in the water and on the last trip I got a cheapie camera. It didn't take very good stills and I found myself messing with it instaed of enjoying the dive so I switched to video and just kinda point it where I'm looking and it worked great. My brother saw my results and switched to video on his go-pro or auto picture every 3 seconds. He says he enjoying the dives more as he isn't overtasking..

Grouper
    video is much easier
    and i prefer it
    on the gopro just snagging frames from the video from stills works better
    nice highdef format

In my early days I would never take a camera if I was worried about the site, or currents or whatever; but I got more comfortable as time passed. Although I will say it seems my pictures were better the less I knew!

Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    I am very comfortable in the water and on the last trip I got a cheapie camera. It didn't take very good stills and I found myself messing with it instaed of enjoying the dive so I switched to video and just kinda point it where I'm looking and it worked great. My brother saw my results and switched to video on his go-pro or auto picture every 3 seconds. He says he enjoying the dives more as he isn't overtasking..
    This makes perfect sense. Why dive if you not going to fully enjoy the benefits from it due to "technicalities". Grab a video camera, point and shoot, and enjoy your dive like never before.

Grouper
    Images
    This makes perfect sense. Why dive if you not going to fully enjoy the benefits from it due to "technicalities". Grab a video camera, point and shoot, and enjoy your dive like never before.
    unless you dive to enjoy photography then it's not a problem.
    My gear my life I will check my gear every time

Shark
    One of the benefits of doing confined in a quarry vs a pool: Still stuff to photograph, but the water is 100% static

Something worth considering
    Last edited by bennerman; 11-24-2014 at 19:15.
    Rock on, go big or go home, hit the ground running, hang in there kitty... don't eat the yellow snow...

Grouper
    I've got a Tachyon Micro HD. I put it on a wire frame on my mask and it takes either 720p or a HD pic every 2 seconds. Two AAA batteries last 2+ hours and a 16 GB micro SD card will store 4 hours of video. I don't even have to remenmber to turn it on because it will automatically around 15 feet. I continue to use it even after getting my solo card because I don't want to spend time taking pictures/video. I want to immerse myself in the dive. The Tachyon sees everything I do and I can spend time at home re-living the trip while editing all the stuff I saw.

Thread Information