Thread: Where to pack scuba tank in an RV

Images

Where to pack scuba tank in an RV

I recently bought an RV and want to do a few diving trips. Where do those of you that have RV store your tanks. I am thinking the basement may not be very secure.
    --Zeagle Eagle

I carry tanks in my basement. I have a foam tank holder that holds 2 tanks. I think they are Trident brand. These are not the ones with foam tubes and ropes, but have semicircles cut out of the foam, and there are two pieces of foam (one for each end of the tanks). I have carried them inside the motohome, but sudden stops and flying tanks have always been a concern. My brother-in-law built an equipment drying rack from PVC, reinforced with wooden dowels and rods inside of the PVC tubes. It is very cool, because it disassembles, stores in the basement of the motorhome, and gives me a good place to dry my equipment.

Images
    We have a class C and really limited basement storage. So far the best place I have found is under the table. I can get four tanks secured there wedged together and they don't roll around.

Snagel

Barracuda
    Images
    Funny you should ask since we just purchased Travel Trailer last Friday I just loaded my today and decided that in the bed of the truck was the best place, I placed them directly over the rear wheels in the center of the truck bed. We are leaving in the morning for Beaver Lake, Ark coming back on Monday ---- Maybe ---- might try to talk the wife into a couple more days at Table Rock and few shows in Branson.
    - Dennis ><()))">

Images
    I am thinking of pulling out the spare tire in my Class A and putting the tanks there.
    --Zeagle Eagle

I don't have a spare tire, but have tried carrying both in the basement and under the table of the class A as I indicated in an earlier post. I worried about flying tanks in the passenger compartment in the event of an accident. Replacing the spare with scuba tanks would keep them outside of the passenger compartment. I get around not having a spare tire by having a national account from a well known tire manufacturer. Not as fast as having a spare, but the best option that I could find.

Thread Information