Thread: SeaLife Camera - Great Customer Service

Images

SeaLife Camera - Great Customer Service

I think SeaLife has the same business plan as ScubaToys....Great Customer Service.

The magnetic switch on my wife's Pro Flash failed. The magnet got pretty corroded....probably because she didn't rinse it well during our last ocean dive. Emailed SeaLife about getting a new switch and they confirmed my address in their files and sent me a couple new magnets at no charge.

WOW! I love it when I'm treated like a customer. It's a shame that it seems I can only get this when I'm dealing with the dive industry.

Snagel

Grouper
    Great to hear, we have not had problems with ours yet, and hopefully will not, but that is encouraging

Images
    We have 2 SeaLifes. I have an old ReefMaster and my wife has the DC800 I think. Maybe someday we'll graduate to the higher end camera's but for now these do fine.

You never want to test the tech repair guys with anything, but it happens. Several years back I was having an issue with my ReefMaster. I emailed SeaLife and they told me to send it in to them and they would take a look at it. I was leaving for a Mexico trip in 2 weeks and concerned about getting it back in time. When I told them they said they would do their best. A week later my camera was back plenty in time for my trip. I'm thinking they just sent me a new camera, but not sure. Anyway, a note that said have a good time in Mexico and no charge for the repair.

Snagel

Images
    That was not my experience. I owned a new sea life and it leaked about a week after I owned it. I sent it back and they said it was $100 to fix it, as it was my fault. They said I had removed the (glued in) o ring. Not only was the o ring still there so was the glue. I talked to a manager, nada. I told them to keep the camera and shove it. I have not bought anything with sea life on it since. Expensive lesson. Yes and they did keep the camera.

I would not recommend doing business with them.
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    Zeagle Eagle, that is a bad situation. I can't believe they would snub you like that, especially in today's age when people can discuss their experiences so easily over forums. Your story has helped my decision on something, sounds like I won't bother with them either, even if they only treat 1 person out of 10 like they did you.

TadPole
    The magnetic switch on my wife's Pro Flash failed. The magnet got pretty corroded....probably because she didn't rinse it well during our last ocean dive. Emailed SeaLife about getting a new switch and they confirmed my address in their files and sent me a couple new magnets at no charge.
    emma

Images
    Good customer service has not been my experience. I had a brand new camera flood on day one. It had a faulty O ring. They refused to fix it. I took pictures of the bad O ring; but, still nothing. I have never bought another thing from sea life.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Thread Information