Thread: Diving Course Philippines

TadPole

Post Diving Course Philippines

Good day!

To those people who loves Scuba Diving. There are new certain rules that have been approved. It is needed for more protection and more secure. I'll give you the new rules:

1. Reverse Dive Profiles are Okay.
    - It is permissible to dive deeper on your second dive than on your first, and to dive deeper on the later part of a dive than on the early part.

2. Lower Minimum Age.
    - The Recreational Scuba Training Council, which sets many industry standards, dropped its minimum age requirement for junior certification near the end of 1999. As a result, PADI, SDI, SSI and NASDS (which has merged with SSI) have dropped their minimum age requirements for junior certification to 10. SSI has a pool-only "Scuba Ranger" program for 8- to 12-year-olds. NAUI and YMCA are retaining the age-12 minimum, at least for now.

3. Universal Referrals.
    - Getting certified? Beginning in 1998, you could take classroom and pool sessions in your hometown from an instructor with Agency "A," then fly to warm water for open-water sessions under an instructor with Agency "B"— as long as the agencies had agreements to recognize each other's standards and instructors. This means you can choose from many more warm-water resorts for your open-water sessions.

4. Slower Ascent Rate.
    - Ascend no faster than 30 feet per minute — one foot every two seconds.

5. The Safety Shop.
    - Make a safety stop at the end of dives. That means you should pause at about 15 feet for a minimum of three to five minutes before your final ascent to the surface. Some experts recommend safety stops as long as 10 to 15 minutes under certain conditions.

6.Neutrally Buoyant Ascents.
    - Become neutrally buoyant before beginning your ascent and maintain neutral buoyancy throughout.

7. No More Buddy Breathing.
    - In a no-air emergency, depend on a redundant system or your buddy's octopus, or make an independent emergency ascent. Do not attempt to "buddy breathe" from a single regulator unless you and your buddy have practiced it.

8. The Buddy System.
    - Every training agency is emphatic on the need to always dive with a buddy. Yet solo diving has long been common, particularly among underwater photographers. Experience, and incomplete statistics, don't indicate that solo diving is more dangerous than buddy diving, and some divers argue that solo diving is actually safer.

9. The Snorkel.
    - Most of us were taught that a snorkel is mandatory gear on every dive, just like a pair of fins. But increasingly, divers are leaving the snorkel in the gear bag much of the time.

10. The Dive Computer.
    - he dive computer is probably the most important safety advance in the sport. Much more important than a snorkel, and arguably more important than an octopus, a dive computer is often considered mandatory equipment today.

I hope you will apply and follow these new rules in scuba diving. It is a MUST! This is for your own good and safety while diving under the ocean. Have fun and enjoy. See you soon.
    Last edited by ScubaToys Larry; 07-06-2013 at 18:30.

Megalodon
    Images
    I've heard both ways on the reverse profile. When the subject was first discussed at length, the consensus was that there was no data to prove or disprove that the theory of deep first profiles was the way to go. However as academia is looking at this sbject with more interest and using a more scientific method, it appears that the traditional Forward Dive Profile-deeper dives first/deeper depths first is safer that the Reverse Dive Profile-deeper dives later.

http://www.independentscuba.com/2009...rse-profiling/ is a preface of the entire article: http://archive****bicon-foundation.o...pdf?sequence=1

However, the conclusion of the article speaks volumes:
    "It is clear to me that we don’t fully understand exactly what is going on during decompression. Although many divers have done reverse profiles without getting bent does not mean that they are safe – the investigation above clearly indicates the opposite. In addition to this - almost all research on tables etc is done based on forward profiling. With all this in mind I would strongly recommend anyone to follow the traditional approach and avoid reverse profiles."

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

TadPole

Question

Whose rules????

Megalodon
    Images
    Not so much new rules, but suggested changes. Some make sense: Safety stops, slower ascents-there is whispers that a recommended even slower ascent from 10' (3m) was suggested but scrapped, neutral buoyancy ascents and buddy breathing - though I'm still on the fence on this one.

The new thoughts I can't agree with: Reverse Dive Profiles, The buddy system and the computer.

As I noted above, the reverse profile still isn't accepted as gospel and needs further research beyond anecdotal.

While solo diving is now deemed acceptable, it comes with a need for specific training and those who partake in it MUST be very experienced divers with additional gear. Solo should not be undertaken lightly and on a whim. There is plenty of empirical data to show there is a significantly increased risk of mishap and death with solo diving.

Some agencies are no longer teaching tables, rather going straight to the computer. This, I feel is a huge mistake. As you learn the tables and make the calculations, you are also learning the basics of dive planning. A computer by itself can lead to less planning and no understanding of why depth and time are very important to maintain an awareness of.

The age, universal referral and snorkel are take it or leave it for me, no dog in the fight so to speak. As for the NEW rules as suggested, I'll steadfastly hold on to the old rules.

BTW: Welcome to the forum.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Thread Information