Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro editing

Images
    Got my drive a couple of hours ago. Amazing, I ordered it from Amazon yesterday afternoon and got it today. I have it installed and am now installing my apps, @#$%^&, What a royal pain. So far it is blindingly fast. I copied 3 feature length movies from one directory on the SSD to another directory on the SSD as a test... seconds to copy. Bam, it's fast.

I wonder what two 2TB SSD's in a buffalo arrayed in a raid would be like.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Megalodon
    Images
    ENGLISH!!! Guys, speak english.... I have no idea what you two just said....

Raid... Tb.... SSD... buffalo arrayed (that sounds like when the stampede going through downtown is just more oragnized...

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Images
    Basically, what I just said is I installed a solid state hard drive, as in no moving parts. It's slicker 'n snot on a door knob and faster than a sailor heading for liberty on a Saturday night.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    Broke down and bought a GoPro Hero 3 outfit from the Navy NEX in Pensacola. Saved almost $100 bucks. Bought two 64 gb micro cards .
    It took me about 45 minutes to finally unpack the camera and figure out what all the stuff is. At first glance I am regretting my purchase. The instruction manuals is almost non existent. I am in FLA on vacation so I really haven't spent a lot of time with it. I have no idea how to work the wireless and I have yet to get the GoPro software to work and actually download anything. I have put the micro card in my computer proper and copied stuff. Yeah, I think this is going back. I can't even tell if some of the parts are packing material or actual parts. Lots of nice arrows to point me what to do; but, nothing in writing. Not even a good you tube on it. I am really disappointed.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Take a breath
    Yes they have a weak spot on documentaion
    First step is download the manual in pdf, dont know about you but I cant read that little type.
    My first experience with a gopro was terrible until I did that.
    Now keep in mind what they are jamming into that very tiny cube and screen. It is a lot, there is nothing with the specs that camera has even close to that size

Here are the steps I would take.
    One download the manual in PDF
    Determine your primary settings goal. For example I only shoot two modes now. 2.7 protune camraw wide field of view for diving, 1080p 60fps protune medium field of view on the surface
    Figure out how to hit those targets in the settings using the little window and the two buttons. There is an easier way and I will get to that, but you want to be able to do this in the field with the camera itself

There are so many other great features on the camera that you can learn in time when it is a little less stressful and you have had some time getting used to the quirky interface.
    I honestly dont find the gopro any less confusing than my handheld Canon Hd Camcorder

Another tip involves the wifi
    There is a new firmware update. Dont try to do it online with the camera. Frustration city. Register and download the update to your computer and copy it to an SD card. Then perform the upgrade manually.
    Then get the android or apple app

Turn the wifi on on the camera
    Connect your phone or tablet to the wifi network your camera is creating
    Then launch the app and connect
    All of the settings can be set from there.

Honestly
    I dont even use the adroid app and remote. I rarely turn it on at all.
    I think I might as I slowly venture into time lapse but so far i just dont see the need

What kind of cards did you get? Sandisc has had major issues but the latest firmware deals with it by throttling back bit rate
    If you want PM me, and we can hook up this weekend on skype or something and i will run you through what I know

Guppy
    Images
    I'm with you Zeagle, disappointed. Oh well I've only blown getting pictures at Roatan, I won't depend on it for the Caymans. I got the WiFi going relativity easy. The update 2 failures so far, well I guess since I do not get either the success or failure screens. There maybe a hero 3 black for sale here soon.
    If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.

Grouper
    If it is a reasonable price let me know, I am going to get two more myself

Grouper
    Images
    I hear these things have a fishbowl effect. Can you guys confirm? I thinking of using it to shoot a non-sporting event on land and that fishbowl effect may just be a dealbreaker for me.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clavicl3 View Post
    I hear these things have a fishbowl effect. Can you guys confirm? I thinking of using it to shoot a non-sporting event on land and that fishbowl effect may just be a dealbreaker for me.
    The underwater housing will cause a fisheye effect above water. Just take it out of that housing or use the normal housing to eliminate.
    i'm not as think as you drunk i am ...

Grouper
    The older ones had it worse the hero2s and before
    remember these were meant to be action sports cameras
    The H3 offers the ability to change field of view FOV so that fisheye is reduced.
    What is left is easy to remove in post

I shoot under the water with 2.7k the frame size is substantially larger than 1080p high def. So I can move the frame around inside the smaller box for stabilization, zooming or croping

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information