Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: peak buoyancy and trim classes

Grouper
    agree right now it is tough just finding options right now
    so far we have a total of 1
    I am changing fins too, I have automic splits and I tend to be foot heavy
    we tried a weight on my upper tank strap weight on our last trip, that was a horrible experience
    I honestly think it is just that I am not aware enough of body positioning, and our fines are real long and hevy

Guppy
    Images
    Pyrate, sorry to hear about the lack of classes offered. There are some you tube videos and some online discussions that explain buoyancy as related to tech diving. A few of the things are, moving your BC down on your tank, not a lot or you will get the 1st stage in the back of your head. If your BC has trim weight pockets try putting some weight in them, not much though as it can't be dumped easily. Extend your arms out in front of you, like superman flying with your hands together. Bend your knees at about a 90 degree angle and use the frog kick. Lighter fins could help, but the tech divers often use some of the heaviest fins around and still have the best trim. We are all foot heavy, leg muscles and bone sink. While the air in our lungs and other hollow organs in our torso float. I offer these ideas as examples only. You and the Wench should video each other, not posing, just while diving. You will be surprised how your trim can be off and you don't notice it. On the other end of that same spectrum do a few dives with no cameras or other distractions and concentrate on your buoyancy and trim. Lake diving isn't the ocean, but you can smooth out kinks in the lakes and enjoy the ocean more. I am not advocating forgoing training, I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I hope it works out for you.
    If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.

Grouper
    that is one of the reasons I am looking for the class
    Our videos make it very apparent we need some work, me more than the wench, but we could both use some skill.

Hopefully we will hear from the folks over there shortly.

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Pyrate,

I believe if you ask around you will find most of the local shops offer this class. It may not be advertised but can be set up with an instructor on an individual basis if nothing else. I am sure Scuba Toys (NAUI) would have this available but if not check with International Scuba (PADI) in Carolton and Garland.
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    someone turned us on to a private trainer 1 day in an 18ft pool one day in a lake

Grouper
    we are set for next weekend, afternoon session in a pool saturday, then sunday morning at scubapark in terrel

TadPole
    Get enough others interested in taking Peak Performance Buoyancy - make a class size of 6. That is one of the best and most useful PADI courses I have taken.
    My diving skills improved 100% after taking that course. Class did our practical in a flooded rock quarry in central NC.

Grouper
    This is all done but the diving, the guy is willing to do private class with just the 3 of us for a very reasonable price. I would have thought it would have been easier to find. If all i read is true, this should be a very popular class

Guppy
    Images
    So was the class this weekend?
    If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.

Grouper
    next weekend, trying too do accounting on our new business this weekend. bout to give up and fire the grill
    tax code iss no way to spend aa holiday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information